Chapter 37

-----

Ciane

"Come on! What are you hiding? Let me see!" Jonah asks trying to peek into the small bag I'm going to smuggle to Olivia.

"It's food and a few girl stuff, Jonah! Unless you are really that curious, you can look." I state as I shove the bag inside the huge jacket I found in the room.

Jonah's face goes bright with embarrassment, "Well you should have started with that!"

"Whatever, come on!" I say, zipping up the jacket and exiting my room.

I quickly race down the stairs almost tripping in the process. Jonah is quick to react and grasp my arm before I roll down the remaining four steps. I offer him a grateful smile easily slipping through his hold and racing to the door.

It only takes a couple of minutes before we are outside the cells. The guard from before bows slightly and let us through not even asking any questions.

"Slow down, Ciane. We'll get there." Jonah grumbles as I rush down the fleet of stairs.

A few seconds later I am standing outside her cell. I see her curled up in a corner, her back to me once more, showing in graphic details the harshness and animosity this pack has. Most of them however have healed, leaving in it's wake scars that will never fully fade.

"Well, hello again Exus's mate." Olivia groans, struggling to stand up. Her eyes fall on Jonah and they soften, her eyes almost filling with tears.

"Jonah," she whispers, her tone completely different from the one she used before.

"Hi, darling, how are you?" He whispers, emotions portrayed on those words.

"Well, same old same old." She grins, "What are you doing here with her?" Her eyes fall on me.

"Your brother sent me."

Her eyes widen, tears gathering in them, finally showing the real pain she's feeling. I could almost feel her grief, the torture she has endured in that cell.

"Christian." She whispers.

"That ring you gave Jonah led him to Christian. I was with him the entire time." 

Olivia's brows furrows in confusion, before she speaks again "How did you meet Christian?"

Almost in an instant, the memory surfaces, the rabid wolf that had attacked me leaving me for the dead. The loud boots and the chilling black eyes that stared straight to my soul. And the most prominent feature being his scar. The jagged scar that ran across his face.

"When I ran away I was attacked by a rogue a few miles from here. I had no fighting skills and I was completely defenseless. The rogue tore into me almost killing me. Christian came and saved me." I grin at the memory not actually disgusted by it now, "I never asked why he was so close to this pack then."

A whimper leaves Olivia and my eyes goes to meet hers, "He must have been looking for me. Of a way to get into the pack."

I sigh, unzipping the large coat I had on and pulling out the small bag.