Chapter 24

Hey, guys! I changed the cover and the name of this book :)
Previous Name: The One You Hated.
New Name: Shred of Hearts.

Ciane

I yawned and pulled the duvet away from my body, stretching slightly in the process. It took only a few seconds for my mind to recall what had occured the previous night. My eyes almost instantly falls on the couch. Christian was still slouched over, his legs dangling, them being too long for the small couch. I let out a small sigh and head to the bathroom, washing my face and exiting the room not bothering to change from my PJs. Christian had barely moved an inch, the rise and fall of his chest assuring me that he is indeed not dead after the amount of alcohol he consumed last night.

I did not even try to wake him up, even though he looks rather uncomfortable, the couch being too small for his large form. I quietly head down stairs to prepare some breakfast for the both of us. My mind drifts back to what he had said. He said they killed some people right in front of him? And his sister was taken? Taken as in killed or kidnapped? I did not even understand the entire thing. Who was killed? I had my suspicions but I just didn't want to believe or assume it's true. Based on the pure agony on his face, I couldn't even deny the chances of it being true.

I walk into the pantry and pull out ingredients to make pancakes as I try not to think about him. Lately, he's been on my thoughts more frequently and I wasn't even concerned about it. I was growing attached to the man. Many months ago, I did not even think I'd ever talk to him and now, he's occupying my thoughts and room.

I am so emersed in mixing the ingredients that I fail to hear his footsteps, until he was right there in front of me.

"What are you making?" Christian's voice startles me so much I accidentally splash the flour I was scooping on my face, completely turning me white. I don't even stop the squeal that leaves my lips.

"What is wrong with you?!" I hiss as I turn to glare at him. When he sees the mess he has created all over my face, his lips begins to twitch. He looks ready to burst out in laughter.

"Don't you dare laugh." I glare, my eyes lighting up with pure rage.

He completely disregard my warning and begins to chuckle, amused by the flour now covering my hair and face. Without any hesitation, I grab the flour and completely dump the content on his head. The rage I was feeling simmering out, a smile taking it's place on my lips.

"Now you can laugh at that." I smirk, pleased when his mouth drops open, brows raising so high, eyes following suit. His expression elicits a loud laugh from my lips. His hair, face and black shirt have almost turned completely white. He deserves it.

His expression completely switches and a mischievous grin forms on his lips. No! I take a step back. He grabs the sugar I had placed on the counter and without any second thought walks over to me and pour the content on my head.

He did not!

"You. . .you. . ." I mumble, not knowing what to do. I grab the eggs and hurl them at his face in complete anger. He isn't fast enough and they crack on his face, before dripping down.

Soon enough, we are caught up in it all as I hurl every ingredient I had placed on the counter, even the pancake mix on him and he does exactly the same.

I did not even realize I wasn't angry anymore. I did not even note that I was actually smiling genuinely, and a  small one occupying his lips too. I didn't even realize that all the ingredients I had placed on the counter had completely disappeared, the kitchen walls and floors being occupied by said ingredients.

I take a step towards Christian and before I could even stop it, my feet slide on the pancake mix on the floor. I grab the only thing that can stable me, Christian, and he too slides making the both of us plummet to the floor.

My eyes widen comical as I stare into his eyes. He looks towards me and I stare back. Before I can stop or hold it in, a chuckle leaves my lips, turning into full blown laughing, the whole situation utterly and purely ridiculous.

"This is such a mess," I say mid chuckle as I glance at Christian who's already staring at me, a smile spread on his lips, eyes light and happy.

"Yeah, but this is entirely your fault." He slightly grins.

"No, you sneaked up on me and almost gave me a heart attack. This is definitely your fault." I emphasize.

He only shakes his head at me, a smile there occupying his lips. He tries to get up, only for him to slide once again down. He laughs slightly and pushes himself up once more and he's successful. He holds out his hand for me to take and I don't hesitate as I place mine on his. He pulls me up and drags me away from all the mess made.

When he lets go of my hand, I turn and stare at the now completely ruined kitchen with no breakfast in sight.

"This is going to take forever to clean." I groan rubbing my forehead only to smudge it with the flour covering my hands.

"Don't worry, I'll clean everything up." Christian offers and I don't even reject the offer.

"Of course you should. You did this." I state. He goes to speak but I cut him off, "But first, I'm going to shower."

After a long shower, I head back down and see Christian already clearing the mess, a clean outfit adorning his form. We silently clean the mess both of us lost in our own thoughts. It only takes a about an hour to completely get rid of the eggs, sugar, salt and the mix off the walls, floor and just everywhere.

When we were done, I head to the living room and lay my head on the couch when Christian walks in and speaks,

"I'm sorry," the words are whispered and I stare at him in confusion.

"What for?" Because of the mess we made?

"The other night. For drinking and bothering you. I vaguely remember most of it." He mumbles, rubbing the back of his neck sheepishly, a slight pink hue occupying his cheeks.

"It's not necessary, really." I offer a smile lighting my lips.

"No, but It should not have happened."

"I'm not judging you if you're worried about that. It didn't bother me at all." I smile. I wanted to inquire about everything that happened and what he said about his sister and the other people that died but I remain quiet.

He's quiet for a while before answering, a small barely there smile flashing on his mouth.

"Okay, if you say so, still I'm sorry." This isn't the Christian from a few months back. He's clearly transformed so much.

He walks away, but before he can fully exit, he turns a smirk I have never seen on him forms on his lips.

"And I meant what I said about you."

My mouth drops open and I stare at his retreating figure a look of utter bewilderment taking home on my face.

A filler chapter and light if you haven't noticed!

They are getting closer each day! I couldn't resist the kitchen scene ;)

What are your thoughts on Christian and Ciane?

I absolutely adore this two! :)

I would love to hear your thoughts. I read every comment and see every vote so thank you! :)

Vote. Comment. Share. Follow.