Chapter 41: Epilogue

Ciane

"I find you here everytime. What do you like about this view?" Christian once again manages to startle for the millionth time.

I glare at him as he walks towards me, a smile occupying his lips, "I've told you not to do that."

"You're always so lost in thought. It's funny." He says and I give him a nasty glare. He only chuckles and my anger dissipate. He can be so annoying at times, most times though he's quite charming.

"So do tell what are you thinking about this time. You usually come here when you are in deep thought."

It has been two years, two years since Christian decided to rebuild his pack, since he discovered there were quite a number of survivors from Night Star Pack and they were ready to come back to the pack. A few refused to join back after the massacre opting to stay in the packs they were or remain lone wolves. A few wolves from Exus pack had even wanted to join the pack. I was quite skeptical at first and gave them six months probation. Some left and a few remained in those six months.

Night Star Pack was now growing in number. Christian took training very seriously promising he would never be unprepared like the last time there was an attack. He had proven more than once that he is a capable and wise alpha and everyone trusted his decision.

Two years had changed me too. I didn't realize I had a lot to work on. The emotional and mental trauma left by Exus had been so deep and I had not realized how bad it was.

It took a while for my mental health to be stable and I went to therapy for that. Christian has been supportive ever since he confessed his feelings for me. When I told him I wasn't ready, I expected him to shun me off but he has stood with me all the way. 

It had taken two years for me to be ready, ready for a relationship with him. Ready to move forward, ready to leave Exus, Anabelle and Wolf Creek Pack behind me. Here I was, now wanting to tell him that.

"Hey, are you okay?" Christian asks, concern flooding his voice. He takes my hand and I gasp.

No way. I did not just feel sparks.

"What's wrong?"

I stare at him wide eyed.

"You're going to think I'm crazy but..." He nods his head.

"I feel sparks." He stares blankly before realization dawns on him.

"Oh."

"You knew." My mouth drops open when he looks guilty.

"Yes, I did. Remember when Anabelle..." His eyes darken before he continues, "My wolf had chosen you long before then and I just realized it at that time. When I accepted the bond, it grew stronger each day."

That means, he's felt this for two years?

"Yes."

"Why didn't you say anything and why am I feeling this now."

"Because I didn't want to take the choice away from you, Ciane. You weren't ready and believe it or not, I wasn't too. We spent our time together plotting revenge and wanting to bring Exus down. At that time we would have been just toxic to each other. And because you didn't know of the bond because you hadn't accepted me then, the bond was dormant. Now. . .I can feel it."

I did too. A small singular thread, attaching me to him that would grow thicker everyday.

"I would wait as long as you want, Ciane." Christian says and I smile.

"I think, no, I know I am ready now. There's nothing holding me back." A smile forms on his mouth as he pulls me for a long hug.

When he pulls away, he stares at me with an indecipherable look and I blush.