Chapter 10

I came to with a jolt, my heart pounding so fast against my chest that I nearly passed out again. Grasping my chest tightly, I titled my head both sides trying to decipher where the hell I was. The bright rays made it's way to my face and immediately winced before squinting my eyes as a groan left my lips.

Turning both sides, I crawled up before standing straight. I can't believe I'm still in the same position I was the previous night. I barely recall passing out at some point in the night due to all the fear and weird and unreasonable thoughts that had me trapped.

Twisting my head left to right through the thick trees I try to find the house I was in a couple of hours ago. I turn left and immediately my eyes widen in both shock and anger. About half mile from where I was, the beautiful mansion stood majestically staring and taunting me. I had not even wondered off  that far yet I couldn't see.

Groaning loudly, I begin hittimg my head slightly against a nearby tree before instantly regretting it as waves of pain shoot through my head. Why didn't I see the mansion before? I mean it's even visible from where I'm standing?

Shaking my head, I erase all those thoughts just thankful that I had not strayed so far from it. Walking hurriedly, I headed back to the house still in shock.

I did another happy dance because one, I wasn't dead and two, I was back to the mansion. I better be trapped with an emotionless guy than to get trapped by a rogue who'll for sure feed of my flesh.

Walking closer to the door, I twist the door knob and pushing the door open and slamming it shut again as I shut my eyes, a deep sigh escaping my chapped lips. I shut out everything, just focusing on my breathing.

In my moment of rush I had not noticed the guy standing not far from me and that's why when I snapped my eyes open, a scream left my lips as I stared at his cold, bored and emotionless eyes.

"Are you trying to kill me?!" I snap clasping my hand so tightly against my racing heart. I wonder why I haven't gotten a heart attack already from all the fright and fear I've been getting and feeling. I immediately regret it as he sends me a harsh glare and my mind immediately goes back to the previous night and I wince.

"Sorry." I mutter lowly my eyes trained on my now muddy white vans that have turned a brown color and I am pretty sure I'm not wearing them anymore.

"Where were you?" He question in an utterly bored tone like just simply asking where I was was the most tiring thing ever. I couldn't tell him I was actually trying to escape. He'd throw me out for sure and from what I've learnt he's beyond emotionless and I don't want to cross the line.

"Did you try to escape?" He inquires,his voice coming out as bored and  uncaring. I immediately chock on air. Why is he acting so casual about it and does he know? At this my heart begins pounding so hard.

"What...Pft...No?" I stutter out trying to convince both of us. I look up and I immediately flinch at the glare he was sending my way.

"I can hear you heart beating so rapidly." He calmly states as he narrows his eyes at me and I immediately give up, sighing deeply. Why did he even ask that?  It's not like I am his prisoner or anything...or am I?

"Look, I'm sorry okay. Yes I tried to escape but only because I couldn't stay here with you always glaring at me and barely showing any emotion. I would even get frightened at night thinking that maybe you'd attack me and kill me in my sleep. I even don't know your name! I mean who in their right mind stays with a complete stranger and be pretty comfortable with it. You saved my life and I truly appreciate it but we just can't keep ignoring each other each and everyday! I need to know why you saved me!" I exclaim before heaving in and out trying breath normally. That's the most sincere thing I've ever said in my whole life and I expected a reaction from him. Something like understanding, remorse or even regret. What I didn't expect though is a totally blank look and a clenched fist. Did I do something wrong again? I know I haven't so what's with him?

"Are you done?" He asks crossing his arms across his muscular chest and I struggle to ignore the clenching of his muscles. I immediately note what he said and my jaw drops. Really?! I've been so sincere here and that's what he has to say? Clenching my fist tightly, I suppress the urge to punch his face. Sighing deeply, I control my burning rage as I send a harsh glare his way.

"I hope you've learnt your lesson," he says still bored."I knew you wouldn't make it though."

At this confession my jaw drops to the floor and I blink. Once. Twice. He...he knew all along? Why didn't he stop me or even try to help me when I got lost? He watched the whole scenario? Something else in my mind clicks. Why couldn't I see the mansion yet I wasn't too far away from it?

"Why couldn't I see the mansion?" I ask staring at him and from he look on his face I know he knows exactly what I'm talking about.

"I switched off the lights." He calmly states still utterly bored. Instead of throwing a fit, I sighed deeply just trying to understand him. He's so cold and him doing that shouldn't be a surprise. He stares at me as if waiting for my reaction but I offer him nothing.

"Okay." I state lifting my head and staring into his cold eyes. His slightly widen in what I presume as surprise before going blank again. That's the only emotion he has ever showed me and I'm quite surprised he did.

"What is your name?" I suddenly ask because I was tired of branding him as the emotionless guy or cold eyes. He stares at me for a while  before clenching his fist tightly sending. Okay bipolar much?

He sends me a harsh glare before walking towards me with steady slow steps. My eyes widen as I stare at his tall frame and his intimidating scar that occupies a large part of his handsome face. I unconsciously take a step back in nothing but fear and fright. My breathing picks up as his cold eyes meet with mine. I was ready to bolt but before I could, he utters one word before walking away and that widens my eyes and my jaw drops for the hundredth time.

"Christian."

*****

I hope it's good and I hope you liked it.

Please comment what you think.

Also it's my birthday!!!! Yay!!!!

Vote. Comment. Share.😘😘