Chapter 30

A shout out to  BobHunter1  for all the funny comments, votes and support! They honestly make my day! Thank you!❤️

------

Ciane

"You have completely lost your mind!"

I did not yell that but I completely agreed with him.

"You cannot possibly expect her to go back to that. . .that monster of a mate." Christian rages, eyes glowing a dark yellow, almost red. He looks lethal and Jonah looks a bit petrified of his glare. I would be too.

"I love my sister and I want nothing more than to save her from that creep but sending her will only cause problems! What if. . .what if he holds her hostage too? Then what do we go after that?" Christian rages, the glare not faltering.

Jonah has the gulls to look scared and take steps back from him.

"Can we talk about this in the living room or something." He says, eyeing Christian room with disdain, and completely moving away.

"We are talking about this right now!" Christian glares at him.

I understand where Christian is coming from, I really did and going back would only make it worse or alot  better. Knowing how Exus has been all my life, the chance of it going right it almost close to zero. However, I could not let another person suffer at the hands of that monster. I was a loving proof of how monstrous he can really be. I had to try.

"What is your plan, Jonah?" I ask, and Christian's eyes snap to meet mine but I don't meet them.

"Why are you even considering this, Ciane?" Christian's voice sound too low that I almost feel bad about it.

"I'm sorry Ciane but are you sure you want to listen to my plan? It can go horrible. It can become messy and Exus might even go back to being as  abusive he was in the past." Jonah explains, his eyes meeting mine and the emotions there I can easily read. Deep down I can see he wants to save his mate. He wants to be with her. I can only imagine how hard this must be for him. Knowing that she's down there and there's nothing he can do.

"She doesn't have to do anything!" Christian chips in glaring at Jonah who doesn't even meet his eyes.

"It is my choice to make, Christian. I really don't want to go back but I need to. I cannot let your sister go through what I'm going through!" I turn to him, finally meeting his eyes that's pleading for me to understand him. And I try to. I do but I knew my choice.

"But it means going back to that bastard! He left that scar on your face!" Christian rages, his eyes filled with pain. I was the one who was hurt, he shouldn't understand it.

"I know, Christian! I know! I think of what he has done almost every single day of my life. Every day I wake up I think of all the wrong things he has done to me. All the hurt and pain I've gone through in his hands. What I would do if I ever met him. Would I be the same person he hurt and discarded? I don't know what to feel but I need to do this. Your sister does not deserve to go through what I went through. She doesn't deserve to suffer at the hands of such a horrible man." I explain, my eyes falling on him.

He looked tortured, angered and in pain. I did not understand why. This is my pain, this is my own suffering and I want to handle it on my own.