Chapter 34

-----

Ciane

"Wherever you want to go." He gives me a smile and let's me exit the office first. I walk towards the grand pack lands coated in gigantic trees that acts as a hiding spot for the wolves to transform. It looks very familiar but at the same time, not. It has been almost an year and I can still remember racing through them, trying to escape him. The man currently shooting me a huge grin. I stare at him and immediately cringe.

"A tour of the pack lands would be nice." I mutter, my eyes moving over all the nicely painted houses that mated members of the pack live. They look gorgeous. Back then when I was still silly I would have wanted to live in one with a mate. Now, I just want to live this place as soon as possible.

"This land stretches for miles for wolves to run and to hide us from the world too." He says.

I know all these things but I offer him a silly nod. He knows I know all these things and he's only stalling in order to keep up the conversation. I am too, but for different reasons.

It takes about twenty minutes for us to roam around the pack talking about nothing in particular. I could easily note how he avoids heading towards the cells just not far away from the pack house.

"Wait, we haven't gone to the cells. I have never been to that one close to the pack house. I'd like to take a look at that." I voice my thoughts.

He suddenly stops walking, his back going rigid, his shoulders tensing. He turns back, offering me a very fake smile.

"Why. .  why do you want to go there?"  He stutters, already proving to me that he's hiding something.

"You were giving me a tour, Alpha Exus and a tour means taking me everywhere." I retort, my eyes holding his before he looks away.

"But. . .The cells, they holds nothing of your interest, really." He responds, his hands fisting at his side.

"That's even the more reason to go there." I offer him a grin and his eyes soften slightly.

"I don't want you going there," he says and I glare.

"Why? Are you trying to control me?" I ask, acting shocked by his behavior. I honestly expect nothing from him.

"No, but there's something down there. Something I cannot show you."

Ugh, this is getting tough.

"But, you said I'm your mate, right? Why are you hiding things from me. You said you have changed. You refusing to take me there just shows me you haven't changed. You said we should trust each other. Give me a reason to trust you!" I insist as I stare at the building that looks so deteriorated. I can't believe Jonah's mate has lived there.

Exus stares at me for a few seconds, rush of emotions displaying on his face before he sighs and rubs his temple.

"Okay, I promise you whatever is down there is for a good reason." He states as if assuring himself more than me.

"What? Do you have someone down there or something?" I chuckle slightly. He doesn't reply as he leads us towards the cells. The cells holding Christian's sister. Jonah's mate.