Chapter 19

Ciane

It had been two whole months and I had no idea how it had just gone by. With the vigorous training and Christian being Christian, I had not even noticed how much time had gone by. Day after day, I was getting used to the early rising and the wolfsbane. I was finally at a 1½ teaspoons. The burn had also lessen from the first time I willingly consumed the harmful liquid. Even Christian had started using wolfsbane coated weapons to see if I was actually taking it, which although it hurt, it was much less compared to when I was in my pack.

In those two months, he did not bring up anything about the pictures I saw. We had been busy and I didn't ask him because I was afraid he'd burst out in anger. I was dying to ask how he knows Anabelle, but I refrained from doing so. However, my restrain was wearing thin and soon, I knew I'd succumb and ask him but until then, I would try and much as I can to avoid the question.

"Concentrate, Ciane!" Christian's yelling snaps me out of my thoughts and I realize he had already raised the crossbow. I duck and an arrow goes zooming above my head.

"A crossbow! Really?! Do you want to kill me?" Knowing him, he wouldn't even care if I get hit or die.

"Jeez, you're becoming a professional drama queen." He rolls his eyes.

I gape at him. That's the most normal thing he had ever said to me in forever.

"Wow, so how am I supposed to dodge an arrow? I'm not the flash."

His brows furrow.

"Who?"

"Never mind but why are you shooting arrows at me?"

"This will enhance your speed and your hearing. A werewolf's hearing is very enhanced so with it you can be able to hear when I shoot, the arrow zooming through the air, if you concentrate." He explains, not even once yelling.

He must like me now. I almost snort.

"So, what and how am I supposed to enhance my hearing?"

"A blind person's senses are more enhanced due to their lack of vision. Their sense of taste, smell and hearing are more enhanced compared to a person who can see."

"So you're suggesting you blind me?" I ask, horror clouding my face. He can't possibly mean that?

"Seriously? Why don't you just let me complete what I'm telling you before rushing into your own unnecessary conclusions?" Christian rages, his glare shutting me up instantly.

"No, I am not going to make you blind. I'm going to blind fold you. As a werewolf, your senses are already enhanced and with temporary removal of one of your senses, you'll have to concentrate on your most important one: hearing." He explains as he walks over to me, pulling a piece of black fabric from the back pocket of his dark jeans.

He walks behind me before wrapping the piece of cloth around my eyes, blinding me.

"Now concentrate. Feel every noise around you, every movement, every small sound."

"Please, don't kill me with that thing." I plead.

I take in a huge gulp of oxygen and followed what he asked of me.

I could hear alot of noises from where I stood. Because we were already deep in the forest, I could hear the chirping of a few birds, the loud crickets, the sound of flowing water dripping down a rock and I could hear a heartbeat. Someone very close to me.

I hear him take a small gasp of air before breathing it out. I hear him grasp something. It sounded very loud. I hear him pull the trigger with a click sound and I hear as the arrow leaves the bow, and almost instantly I duck again as I hear and feel the arrow zoom through the air.