Chapter 14

Ciane.

I held my ribs and limped away from the training ground. My muscles worn out and every bone and part of me begging me to take rest. Christian had been anything but gentle. His hits, punches had all been so accurate and I had failed miserably. However that couldn't compare to all the times he kept taunting me, throwing harsh and painful words to me. How weak and meaningless I actually was. That tore me, reminding me of all the times I had been weak. All the times I had been stuck in my pack with no one to stick up for me. It made me recall all those memories and my hits on him became sloppy and uncoordinated.

This was Christian's chance and he had fully utilised it. Every bone in me was begging me to surrender. Even my silent wolf, had began to stir and a few whimpers had escaped her. He punched, kicked, ripped and hit every opening in me. I was ready to give up. But I remembered why I was doing this. Why I was willing to go through this and a new determination had formed, and even though at the end, I failed, I was glad, that I was still standing, still willing to fight even with my scars.

Even Christian has slightly out up when he had seen how much I was willing to put my efforts into this. I hissed as the warm water cascaded down my back leaving a burning feeling on all the bruises on my body. I glared at the red spot that currently occupied the left side of my rib. And suddenly my hate for christian grew deeper.

After a struggling for a few hours in the shower, I finally manage to complete and finally step out. I quickly pull on an oversized sweatpants and a black t-shirt that was obviously two times my size.

I had given him freedom to hurt me, to destroy me and just like that, a part of me snapped. I wasn't going to let anyone work over me anymor. I wasn't going to go through the same thing I went through in the past. I was going to stand up for myself. I was going to be a better version of me. And I would die trying.

I limped towards my bed, pain radiating through me. I knew that tomorrow would be even more thorough but I was ready for it. I would push my body until it accepted the challenge. Until I was ready. I refuse to be weak.

I was up by four, took a very light breakfast and  already matched to the training ground. The cold air hit my face and it only manages to motivate me. I was already jogging, the air leaving a sweet sensation on my bare arms and legs.

I did not have to wait for long though because I felt him just right behind me. Before I could even react or tell him that I had already heard him, I felt a sharp jab to the side of my ribs. I don't get to recover before another sharp hit is directed to my shoulder blades. He wanted that. He wanted me to notice him so he can get me off guard.

I knew then that my training had began. I had to defend myself somehow.

"Why aren't you defending yourself, Ciane. You know you're weak, right. Your pack abandoned you. Your family left you too. Your parents died because they couldn't stand you! You're weak! Your mate rejected you, right?!" He stated as he continued his assault on my body. The words grated through my heart leaving a very painful sensation.

Pure cold rage pulls me in its grasp and a huge growl escapes my lips. He loves taunting me. He loves seeing me suffer. He did this yesterday and I couldn't fully comprehend the benefit of his brutal abuse to my emotions. He knew how sensitive I was about my past. I had not even told him and he was unconsciously taking it lightly and toying with it.

So, with the cold emotions running through me, I quickly fisted my hand and deliver a quick punch to his stomach. He wasn't fully prepared for it and I managed to get him off guard.

That was the first hit I had ever hit him and I expected a different reaction from him though.

Instead of getting shocked or surprised, he cackles. Instantly my eyes widen in utter bewilderment.

"Just one hit. One hit, Ciane and you're feeling so good about yourself. I am going to break that little confidence you've got going there! Come on then, show me what you got, little girl!" Christian says and my eyes darken in pure rage. A growl leaves my lip so loud it sends spasms of shock through me.

I barrel myself towards him, all my emotions and energy racing through me. I go to punch him but he side step and my rage increases further. I repeat the same process and each time, I miss. I was growing frustrated and my energy was diminishing. He kept hauling harsh words. And suddenly, I stopped.

Rage turns into pain. He was enjoying my suffering and I didn't know how much I could hold on. He was enjoying the pain I was feeling and I wasn't even half way through this training.

"Giving up already?" He taunted and I fall to my knees. I felt so weak and tired. The taunting, the hurt. He wasn't going to stop was he?

"Why? Why are you doing this to me?" I whispered.

"If you meet an enemy right here right now don't you think he'd use any means to destroy you? Don't you think he'd make you vulnerable before taking you out? Life isn't about roses and flowers. If someone emotionally manipulated you, would you start breaking down in the middle of your fight asking the reason for their action? They'll rip your throat out without any hesitation." He explained, his voice cold and detached as usual.

My eyes rise to meet him in confusion.

"So this taunting was all a lesson?" I asked in pure bewilderment. How psychotic is he? "You intentionally said those harsh words to get a reaction out of me?"

"I am teaching you life lessons Ciane and if you're this slow, I don't think we are going to complete this." He muttered angrily. "Do not let your emotions get the best of you. While it gives you rush and energy to take out your opponent, it also makes your moves sloppy and uncoordinated, just as witnessed. Emotionally derived strength is weak and unstable. Let your emotion dictate your actions and you'll be heading to an early grave. Lesson 1 complete. Be here by 4.00 am tomorrow. Tomorrow isn't going to be this easy. I have warned you." He emphasized as he walked away.

Before I could even reply, he was already exiting the room. I sat on the floor for almost ten minutes in shock. I was contemplating my decision right now. What exactly would he do next? Chain me and tell me not to scream while he beat me? I had chosen this ad I knew that only pain would shape me.

I wasn't ready but I was going to give it my best.

Not Edited.

How are you all doing? It has been so long! I almost stopped writing but I'm here again.

Vote. Comment. Share.

What do you all think of Christian

And Ciane?