Chapter 27

Ciane

"Jonah? How? What are you doing here? How did you find me! Did Exus send you? Exus must have sent you! How did you even get here? Does he know I'm here? Did you tell---why are you just staring at me?" I glare at the silent man.

His only reply is to gape at me, his eyes wide open.

"Ciane, it's really you!" He throws his arms around me, in a tight hug, cutting off air from my lungs.

"Okay okay." I pat his back in an awkward gesture.

"You're alive. I thought you died. Exus sent out pack warriors to look for you. They came up empty. I thought you were gone. I'm so glad to see you." He mumbles at my back and I sigh, my heart warming at the gesture.

"Yeah I am okay, Jon. Don't worry." I hug him back, the awkwardness disappearing almost instantly.

Someone clears their throat behind me and I turn to stare at the man who was already glaring at Jonathan. His eyes looked deadly cold and furious. I almost actually get scared.

"Who are you?" The once nice voice sounds completely cold and detached.

Jonah's eyes widen, his brows shooting almost too his hair. He takes in Christian's features and almost takes a step back. I would too. Christian looked lethal, ready to kill.

"I'm Jonah Storm, beta of Wolf Creek Pack."

An instant snarl escapes Christian's lips, his eyes glowing a bright red with pure fury. He looks mad, enraged and unstable. He moves too quickly for my eyes and he's instantly in front of Jonathan

"You!" He growls, grabbing him by his neck, pinning him to the wall. I didn't understand. Does he know Jonah?

"Why is everyone trying to strangle me?" Jonah groans as he tries but fails to pull himself away from the enraged man. His aura completely an alpha's. The pure power flooding the room feels completely suffocating.

He's an alpha?

"What the f- are you doing here?" He snarls, his words sounding too deep.

"I'm sorry but I have no idea who you are, sir." Jonah murmurs, his voice diminishing in the process.

"Is your alpha here too?! Did you lead him here?" Christian's voice is deadly.

"I'm sorry but I honestly have no idea who you are." Jonah insists, his eyes growing foggy, showing he's about to pass out. I don't dare interrupt though because I have never seen him that enraged.

"And what exactly are you doing here, beta?" The sarcasm in his voice thoroughly noted.

"I came because of this." He says, struggling to open his palm. My eyes drop to it and I catch a glimpse of a gold ring, with a red glowing ruby at it's center. What is that?

Christian goes completely still as he stares at the glowing ring. His eyes grow empty and the glare he shoots Jonathan could freeze lava.

"Where did you get that?" It's only whispered but I could tell Jonah was already losing consciousness.

"Christian, please just put him down and listen to what he has to say. I don't think him dying would actually help you or him." I advice and he growls before dropping Jonah who instantly pulls oxygen through his lips.

"You have one second."

One.

It's over.

Jonah tries to speak only nothing leaves his lips after his strangulation. Christian snarls and walks towards him to teach him a lesson. Or rather to choke him again.