Chapter 17

Ciane

Afew days had gone by and Christian had not talked to me. I was avoiding him and he was doing the same. The only time I ever saw him was when he came to eat the food I made. After that, he would literally storm away to goddess knows where. Our training had come to an unspoken end, or standstill, I honestly did not know. I did not even dare ask because I wasn't sure of how he would react. Maybe he'd yell at me for he had done it a couple of times before.

I scroll through Netflix, that was paid apparently, trying to find a  good show to binge watch because there was literally nothing to do. I had already eaten, washed utensils and cleaned part of the house. I finally settle on The Witcher. I had never really heard of the series but it looked kinda interesting since Henry Cavill was the male lead.

Few hours later I was halfway through the fifth episode and I was getting sleepy. I had barely gotten a sleep the previous night after being swamped by nightmares of the past that can't seem to let me go. I, however, did not wake up screaming like how I did in the past. I did not want to alert anyone and by anyone I mean Christian.

I let out a yawn and immediately realize that if I don't get up I'll fall asleep on the couch. I switch off the TV and decide to explore the monstrous house. I had only been to a few basic rooms in this house which are my bedroom, Christian's, the kitchen and the living room.

I walk through the hallway in the direction of my room and began opening random doors. Most were completely blank while the rest had what looked like broken furniture. It wasn't really interesting and I almost instantly got bored.

I was at the end of the hallway and decide to open the last one. It was completely dark but I could vaguely see the outlines of a bed, a nightstand and a lamp. Without even thinking further, I turn on the lights. The said items were there but I had not fully  comprehended what was inside the  room. My eyes focus on the pictures that were now visible, all scattered in the room. I pick of the pictures and  a girl about fourteen or fifteen with thick blonde hair and brown eyes stood in  picture with a wide smile spread on her lips. Her eyes radiating pure happiness. I pick a few more and what shocks me even further is in a few of the pictures, Christian stood next to her, an identical smile lighting up his face. His smooth scarless face looked youthful and full of happiness, unlike the Christian I know now.

Without even realizing it, I plop down on the floor and further looked at the other pictures scattered on the floor. Each picture was taken looked beautiful because of all the emotions portrayed on the faces on the images. One of the pictures had Christian standing with his "supposed sister"  and two other people who were smiling at the two who looked to be in an argument that did not even look serious. I could easily note that this picture was taken without their knowledge because the emotions looked genuine and full of happiness. I did not even realize a smile was on my lips as I stared at the pictures.

I grab another photo, only for me to drop it almost instantly. No... There's no way! I grab the picture once more, my eyes widening further. It can't be possible. How does he know her? In the picture, Christian stood next to Anabelle, a wide smile on both their faces. Christian's eyes however were focused on Anabelle, shining with both adoration and love. He looked genuinely happy, his emotions fully exposed, not like the Christian I know who I could barely read.

No.

Not Anabelle.

Anabelle, Exus' sister. My ex mate.

One of the people who had tormented and abused me. How did Christian know this monster?

Anabelle looked kind of happy. It still did not take away the evil glint in her eyes. The same eyes that had found pleasure in seeing me suffer, in seeing me squirm in pain, the eyes that had witnessed most of my pain and had been the source of most of it. I did not even realize my hands were shaking as I stared at the picture. I could feel tears gathering in my eyes as I stared at her. Her eyes looked identical with those of her brother and I hated it.

I was about to place the picture down when a hand suddenly grabs my wrist. I was so lost in my thoughts that I did not even realize that Christian was already next to me, and he looked furious.

I knew I had completely messed up because of how his eyes were turning completely dark. Oh no, what have I gotten myself into. I know I am the one who decided to come in here and I am the one who decided to explore this far.

"What are you doing here?" He said, his eyes burning with fury.

"I. . . I was exploring. I am sorry. I did not mean to come here." I murmur, my voice low and barely audible.

"You were exploring and what? Your hands decided to peak through the pictures?" He hissed, his eyes glaring into my own.

"I am sorry. I just..." I did not want to say.

"Get out!" He stated, his voice too calm. Christian was never calm.

I quickly shoot up and raced out of the room. My mind was no longer focused on Christian's anger or the fact that I somehow invaded his privacy. I was focused on the fact that he knew Anabelle. So, maybe he knows Exus. Exus, the guy who had ruined my life. The guy who was supposed to be a loving mate. The guy who was supposed to be an alpha and take care of all his pack members but failed to do it. He ruined my life. Made me hate myself and created a vengeful person. All those times he took pleasure in hurting me.

I blink away the tears that were gathering in my eyes. Exus and Anabelle did not deserve my tears.  I had shedded enough tears to last me a lifetime and I wasn't going to do it again. My life had been ruined by those two and I wasn't going to let them get to me again.

Even now that I am miles away from them, they are still here haunting me. I hated it but I couldn't help it.

However, what bothered me most about this situation is the fact that Christian knows Anabelle and I just couldn't understand how.

Hi!

What's your favorite food?

Vote. Comment. Share.