Chapter 38

------

Ciane

I glare at the woman staring at me with a dark glint and a psychotic look in her eyes. The rage I feel is so deep, I  feel the sprouting of fur just below my skin begging to come to the surface to deal with the inhumane woman. A woman who has caused feuds and thrived by it. She has caused so much hurt to not only me but also the entirety of Olivia's pack.

"You bitch! How dare you! How dare you!" Those words leave my mouth, the rage and anger portrayed in detail.

"Do you feel hurt that I destroyed her pack or that I turned everyone against you? Have you ever thought why. Why everyone disliked you? It was all me. I broke you! I broke you!" The laugh that leaves her mouth leaves me in utter shock.

I stare at Jonah who looks too stunned and confused at the same type. I don think he's ever seen Anabelle so unhinged and completely lost to reality.

"Well looks like a mental hospital it is." Olivia mutters as we all watch as she races down the stairs towards us.

"Did it hurt when I brought your pack to it's knees? I know it did! Tell me it did!" A giggle leaves her mouth as she gets closer to us. Jonah goes into protective mode and a snarl leaves his mouth. Anabelle's eyes meet Jonah's and I realize, she's not really there. She hasn't been for a while now.

"Christian was so naive thinking that I'd just be with him. That I'll stick around and be a Luna! How pathetic and stupid he was to have believed all my lies! All the things I told him! I mean why didn't he follow it up! Because he trusted me! He trusted me and I utilized it!" Her eyes grow blank and she's quiet for a while. Without warning a cackle escapes her mouth giving me a fright. She has lost it.

She gets closer to us, her voice growing unreasonably loud. What the freak is wrong with her? Her eye look wild, crazy even.

"I am going to kill you! I am going to finish what I started and nothing, nothing you say will stop me from--" she suddenly goes quiet, her eyes widening for a second before her entire body goes still, eyes shutting as she drops to the floor, revealing a familiar man behind her.

"Ashton?" Jonah whispers, staring at the man as if he has grown another set of eyes.

"She talks too much," he grins, displaying an array of pearly teeth."Now hurry, we have no time! The drug will not last long." He fumbles through his pocket and pulls a set of keys.

"What?" I stare in complete shock. What is going on?

He rushes to the cell holding Olivia and unlocks it, hissing in the process. I'm still too in shock to understand what's going on. Why is he helping us?

"Why are you helping?"Olivia asks the very question that was about to leave my lips.

"Christian."

My mind flashes back to the time the man had insisted we could come up with another plan. He already had a spy already. When did he get here? How did he know about me working for Christian?

"How?" I ask, completely perplexed by the entire situation.

"I've been here for over a year now. Christian had been looking for a way to get into the pack. He knew the only way to get in was to place someone in this pack who will get all the information out of here. It was at that time Christian found you, Ciane. He brought you in and nursed all your wounds. Weirdly enough, he didn't even bother to ask why we found you not too far away from this pack." Ashton explains and everything makes alot more sense.