Ch 38

“Oh, I’m bored.”

Rosé Michaela Ilyde, the queen of the empire, was taking a foot bath with her dress rolled up to her calves.

Two maids were carefully washing her feet with warm water. Alberto Michael, her younger brother, was sitting in a crooked position on a chair a short distance away.

“The boredom will be short-lived, Sister. You’ll see something interesting soon.”

Rosé’s lips lifted obliquely in response to those words.

“I’ll have to use the miscarriage as an excuse to send the Saintess away as soon as possible, so she’ll be back in at least a week, right?”

Rosé remembered Saint Ariel’s face.

Prince Kyle’s birthday banquet. At that time, the incident was a perfect opportunity to tarnish his reputation, but it was all in vain because she stood up for Kyle with a brazen face.

‘That vile b*tch.’

“She’s a big deal for a fake.”

With a venomous smile, Rosé said to Alberto,

“I didn’t expect that you, the playboy Count Michael, would play a crucial role. This sister is overjoyed. When it’s all said and done, I’ll give you a lot of credit.”

Alberto shrugged and said,

“When the Saintess and High Priest killed the maid who knew the secret, they must have thought it was all over. Well, who knows. I don’t even know why that b*tch is into me.”

Alberto had a strong bias against women. Taking advantage of his high status as the Queen’s brother, he frequently changed women, and one of them was Annie, one of the temple’s maids.

She had a pretty face, so she was a woman he occasionally met for fun whenever he went to the temple.

But then, because she was crazy about him, she began lavishing him with extravagant gifts.

He asked where she got the money to buy shoes worth 500 francs, and what she told him was very surprising.

The current saint was a fake, and she was bribing her a lot of money in return for turning a blind eye to it since she knew.

Annie’s words convinced them that the saint was a stupid and naive woman.

A few weeks later, Annie disappeared.

‘I didn’t feel bad about it but, well.’

After hearing that fact from Alberto, Rosé was always worried. She had no idea what punishment the High Priest would inflict on them under the guise of such a huge secret.

However, after witnessing the two’s secret activities and the saint protecting Prince Kyle at his thorny birthday banquet, she decided to use this fact for something bigger.

If Crown Prince Kyle was involved, it would be a great cause to attack him.

She took a servant as a witness who knew about Kyle sending a letter to the fake saint. The servant testified that Ariel had written several letters to Kyle.

“It is inevitable that the Saintess’s divine powers disappeared and a new saint appeared…”

Rosé stiffened and raised the corners of her mouth.

“It’s a different story to say she was a fake saint to begin with.”

Alberto responded to her words with a cold stare,