Dark Times

3rd POV:

Deep within the forest, a rumbling could be heard, the sound of giant footsteps coming at a fast pace could be heard, and finally the beast revealed itself, a giant made of rocks and on it's head it could be seen a Grimm mask, this was a Geist who took possession of a rock formation.

The Geist started swinging his titanic arms trying to attack Ruby who just happened to lure out the Grimm out of it's hiding place, Jaune, Ren and Nora ducked in time so that they wouldn't be hit.

Jaune started to running between the trees to attract his attention. Ren and Nora jumped onto some tree. Nora unleashed a barrage of grenades, while Ren decided to be more mobile by jumping from tree to tree while shooting the giant Grimm.

The Geist then directed his attention towards Ren, the giant then proceeded to bring down the trees that Ren was stationed. Jumping, Ren saw an opening in the Grimm's defense, running alongside his giant arm, he jumped once more taking aim at the mask at the top of it's head, yet the Geist defended himself using his arms making Ren's flury of attacks useless. Ren then landed on the ground next to Jaune.

Jaune: "Gotta get in closer!"

Ren: "My blades don't hurt him!"

???: "How about mine!?"

A figure jumped from the trees in a blue blur, the Geist raised his arm to defend himself yet as the blade came into contact with the giant's arm, the giant was pushed into the ground making craters were it's feet are, his arm cracked, the figure jumped back revealing Ashley.

The Geist slammed his other arm into the ground aiming for Ashley, but she dodged out of the way, taking advantage of the arm that was now stuck in the ground, Ashley dashed towards the Geist's head and with one swift motion she cleaved the mask in half making the rock formation that the giant was made of fall apart.

Ashley: "Well that went well."

Ruby: "You can say that again."

Ashley and Ruby highfived.

With that out of the way, team JNR alongside Ruby and Ashley started to make their way towards the town that told them about the Geist that terorised them.

It's been a while since Ashley and Ruby set route towards Haven Academy, or better said Ruby while Ashley acommpanied her, Duncan and Ashley decided to split apart for now and meet later, Duncan promised Yang that would help her get to Raven so Ashley decided to keep an eye on Ruby for safe measures. On their way they met with Jaune, Ren and Nora, turns out Weiss wasn't the only one who was taken home by their parents.

On their way towards the town, Ashley took notice of a black bird resting on a branch of a tree, a crow.

Arriving in the town the elder rewarded them for slaying the Geist. Soon they went towards a blacksmith to take Jaune's new armor.

Entering the shop, the shopkeeper took notice of them, he instantly brought Jaune's new armor and sword. But as he took of his old one, everyone saw that Jaune was wearing a bunny hoody wich made both Ashley and Ruby laugh their asses of at poor Jaune's expence.

Leaving the blacksmith's shop, started to make their way towards the next town.

But as they got closer they noticed that the town was destroyed, hurriedly they started to look for survivors.