Fight or Flight

3rd POV:

Death: "The Monarchs...? Are coming back?", he crossed his arms.

Sonya: "I take it you don't believe me, bones?", she smirked.

Death raised an eyebrow behind his skull like mask, the sense of familiarity was just getting stronger for him.

Death: "A little, but as far i know Belloc Rosenblack... the previous Monarch of Shadows, sealed them away."

The leather clad woman just sighed before shaking her head.

Sonya: "The geezer just postponed the inevitable, and if the Monarchs are gonna invade the human world... you KNOW who's gonna be in the frontlines, right?", she asked, already knowing the answer Death is gonna give.

Sonya suddenly frowned, feeling that Absalom was about to wake up and take over once more. Taking a few steps backwards she jumped trough a tunnel like portal.

Death didn't even bother to go after her, he could always go after her, after all, Absalom needs to be put down for good... even if the vessel dies alongside him.

Death: "...Duncan... hope you will forgive me.", he simply stated.

...

...

...

Duncan's POV:

Duncan: "Aaachooo~...damn, who the bloody hell is talking about me?"

Zarathos: 'Maybe one of those thirsty noble women who haven't gotten any vitamin D in years?'

I could practicaly feel his smug smirk, damn perverts...

After i dried myself, i started to search the mansion for Ashley... she STILL has my leather jacket, gotta take it back.

I managed to sneak around and went upstairs, damn the security is trash around here, that or Jacques is so confident that he is untouchable, well is about time someone knocked some sense into him.

I stopped for a second and closed my eyes, sharpening my senses i could feel... hmm, three souls nearby... two are coming towards me, clearly Ashley and Weiss. Glad that i recognize their auras.

I runned down the hallway, as i was about to turn around the corner, i was met by Weiss and Ashley, they looked like they were in a hurry... but Weiss looked more... demoralized, as for Ashley she looked pissed.

Ashley threw my jacket on my face... girl, if you are angry, don't take out your anger on me or my jacket.

Putting on my jacket, i saw Weiss running ahead of us.

Duncan: "Mind filling me in?"

Ashley: "Had a run with Weiss's mother..."

Duncan: "This isn't all, isn't it?"

Ashley: "Yeah, turns out that Jacques made a metaphorical deal with the devil."

Duncan: "This devil got a name?", i smirked.

Ashley: "Arthur Watts, now we gotta hurry!"

We took off running, aiming straight towards the dinning room.