Dies Irae

Blackheart's POV:

How the hell is this mortal still alive?

I made sure to trap him in demonic chains, create an entire dimension who's concept is to distort time-space continuum, a fucking black hole! The Soul Crystal should've broke the bond between him and the Spirit of Vengeance. So... how?

Standing before me was Duncan, but... why can't i feel a damn thing?!

His presence, his demonic and angelic energy, nothing! It's as if he isn't standing right in front of me. If it wasn't for the visual confirmation... i would have not noticed his arrival.

But what i'm more concernced about is... why is my body shaking?

I have a heart given by Absalom, the first Nephilim in creation, a heart made from Corruption itself.

I absorbed the souls that still lingered in this world, their sins empowering me far beyond any Hell Lord. Millions over millions of souls, i was feeding of their sins.

Lastly, The Darkhold, The Book of the Damned, constantly giving me power, unlimited power! Enough power to bring this world down with a mere snap of my fingers. Enough power to erase this realm! Power over the concept Life and Death, over the concept of Creation and Destruction!

So why isn't my body able to move?! Why am i frozen in place?! Why does this mortal's mere gaze makes my insides feel like they are being twisted by a blazing claw!? My heart feels like is being squeezed by a flaming skeletal hand!

Is this... FEAR?

No matter!

3rd POV:

As per Duncan's arrival, everyone felt a wave of relief. He scanned his surroundings, seeing everyone beaten and bruised, crippled, even dead, he frowned for a mere second, before regainind his dark smile.

Blackheart, ignoring his instincts that were srceaming at him to run as far as he could, chuckled as he spread his arms widely, as if welcoming Duncan.

Blackheart: "About time you arrived Duncan, i was just about to kill yo-"

But Blackheart couldn't even finish his sentence, why? Duncan merely walked passed Blackheart ignoring his existence all together. Blackheart stood frozen in place.

Instead, Duncan walked towards Ashley who literally fell on her butt.

Duncan crouched down, and gave Ashley a headpat while having a small reasuring smile. From within Duncan's palm, light blue amber's surrounded Ashley, healing her wounds.

Ashley: "Hey... mind if i... sit this one out...?", she groaned.

Ashley didn't even wait for an answer, exhaustion taking her over, she fell unconcious. Duncan gently laid her down on the ground.

He wishes that he could heal everyone at the moment, but Blackheart won't just stand and let that happen.

Duncan narrowed his eyes, looking at Blake's unconscious figure, he could feel something familiar, she was a Rider, and not the good kind.

Duncan turned around and took a few steps towards Blackheart, who audibly gulped.

Duncan's smile gone, only to be replaced by a stone cold expression.