Behind the Shadows

3rd POV:

Once more, their plans were thwarted by Duncan, and now with Ashley in the game, who felt more like a wild card to them, couldn't be understimated, back in the day when Blackheart and his demons sought to kill Ashley in order to gain an advantage and bring Duncan and Zarathos under Mephisto's rule, Blackheart himself didn't think that she would become so powerful, nonetheless to be under the protection of The White Tiger Byakko. To Blackheart was quite hilarious that what it seemed to be an harmless girl to turn out to have more in common with her brother, both of them seemed to be magnets to interesting individuals, reckless, hotheaded, the fact that they grow stronger with every battle they go through and he list can go on.

As for Salem, she was far from pleased, her minions, one by one fell, whatever she tried, Duncan seemed to be two steps ahead of her, and now another powerful ally joined him.

Blackheart, who had the Darkhold in his possession and still was trying to decipher it, even though he gave Predator a boost, the whole book had still to be uncovered, took notice of Salem's sour mood, so decided to ask a question that he was quite eager to find the answer to.

Blackheart: "Just what is it that you saw in him?" He asked having a sly smile.

Salem: "Peg your pardon?" She asked unsure.

Blackheart: "About Duncan, you sure took quite the interest in him, so what is it that makes him so special?"

Salem adopted a thoughtful look, resting her cheek in the palm of her hand, while looking at an image of Duncan that one of her Grimm captured, it showed Duncan half transformed, despite having half of his face a burning skull, the yet to burn side had a calm expression.

Salem: "I'm not quite sure myself... at first it was his power but..."

Blackheart: "Oh, do tell, i bet that are his good looks." He said sarcastically.

Salem: "Heh, i cannot deny that he is leagues above any men that i saw in all my life, but... he feels... cursed, he has such a monstrous side, he could be made an outcast and driven away by the people just out of fear, yet he fights to protect them..."

Blackheart find it quite amusing calling Duncan, The Ghost Rider, cursed. On the outside some would call it a blessing to have such power, but to those who learned of God's vengeful side, it's another story alltogether.

Blackheart: "The way you talked about him is... quite fitting, i dare say that he is more like you in some ways."

Salem: "What are you implying?" She asked narrowing her eyes.

Blackheart: "Well, i won't go too much into details, but, tell me if it sounds familiar. A young man prayed to God to save his sister from death, yet he was ignored, instead The Devil came to his aid and in exchange for saving his sister, he shall bear the curse that wich turns him into the monster you saw, The Ghost Rider. Also The Rider was created by God."

It was just a short story, but, Salem didn't need too much time to know who Blackheart talked about. In a way, she was reminded of herself, of her younger and naive self, before she became who she is. Salem's gaze was fixated on an image of Duncan.

Blackheart seeing Salem's change in mood, closed the Darkhold, for now, having another matter to attend to, he started to make his way outside the throne room, leaving Salem all on her own.