Healing

Duncan's POV:

I found myself in a strange place, or better said in a... castle. How do i know? Pretty much the decorations and the spacious enterior.

Behind me was a giant double door, i tried to open it, but it won't budge no matter how much force i put into it.

Ahead of me was a giant corridor, giant pillars on each side, torches attached to each pillar, but none of them were lit. All in all, it was total darkness, only the light coming from the moon outside illuminated my path, even just a bit.

I tried to look outside, through one of the windows and saw... nothing, everything outside was black.

Ok, let's asses the situation, i found myself isolated in a place in the middle of nowhere and Zarathos can't answer me... it means that i've fallen asleep and now i'm dreaming. It must be one of THOSE kind of dreams, i was starting to get hopeful.

I haven't had one of these in a few days... i don't get happy endings when i dream like this.

Sighing, i steeled myself and calmed down, ready for this creepy as hell corridor, yikes.

I noticed that after i took quite a few steps, there were a few doors on each side. Being a little curious, i tried to open one of them, it was locked.

I didn't even tried to kick the door, it is quite simple, when i'm dreaming like this, everything is against me, the dream strips me of even the smallest semblance of power that i have, be it physical or magical. My powers as The Rider are taken as well.

Leaving this door, i tried to open the rest, one by one, all of them were locked. I wonder what's the point in having so many doors if you gonna keep them locked.

Duncan: "At this point i'm gonna die of boredom, this corridor seems endless.", i grumbled.

Everytime i thought that i would reach the end of it, the shadows streched even more.

At some point the doors started to be replaced by knights in black armor, each one of them weilding different weapons, some were wearing some robes, mages maybe? But strangest thing just were the the statues that followed, they were much taller, dressed in a quite strange armor, but the thing that stood out more were the things on their back.

I aproached to take a closer look.

Duncan: "Are those... angel wings? Not gonna lie, the armor and wings are looking kinda familiar.", i mumbled to myself raising an eyebrow.

I crossed my arms, trying to rack my brain. I'm quite aware of the angels of these days, but... it must be something before Zarathos's falling, or something that happened during his fall. The days when Heaven exiled the Spirits of Vengeance, many eons ago.

Thoughts for later, leaving this angel looking statues, i continued my long and pointless walk. Alucard would be disappointed, no vampires, no priests and most certainly, no big titties police girls.

Suddenly i felt a breeze, it was coming from an open door, about damn time. The door was slightly ajar. Pushing it slowly, the room was just as dark as the rest of the castle, but i could distinguish some things around me. A large and long table in the middle of the room, chairs were surrounding the said table and beside the door on each side, it was the statue of a knight in black armor. On the right side i could distinguish what i believe to be a couch with two armchairs on each side and small coffee table.