Problems Arising

Ashley's POV:

Today was a nice and peaceful day, it was nice hanging out with Kunou and lady Yasaka, even that strange one who seems to keep clinging to Duncan, Ahri is her name. Everytime i asked Duncan how he knew them, the only answer i got was that they are some friends from work... work, yeah... been a few months since... since the accident, we moved to Kyoto and Duncan comes back home from work, i wouldn't say angry, annoyed is the better word.

Sometimes i swear i could hear him arguing with himself, guess the stress is finally getting to him, sometimes i wonder why he doesn't ask our uncle for help, but ever since the fire caused by our cousin, we haven't been in the best terms.

"A mad dog that should be put on a leash.!", that is what our older cousin called Duncan.

Duncan: "Careful, your ice cream is gonna melt if you keep staring at it."

I finally snapped out of my own thoughts. Duncan took a day off from work and decided to spend the day together, been a while since we got to relax.

We were walking around the park near one of the shrines.

I finally noticed something.

Ashley: "Hey, how come you have two ice creams? Are you gonna eat them all?"

He let out a small chuckle.

Duncan: "Nope, the other one is for someone that insisted that she joins us... but is being late.", his tone was filled with annoyance.

We still continued to walk for a while, until we reached the entrance of one of the shrines, there we were met with one of the guards, for some reason, the guard  looked afraid of Duncan yet spoke with respect.

I zoned out most of the talk, looking around i think i saw a white cat, but... it looked to big to be a cat, maybe a tiger cub? I may be 12 but i did my research. I merely blinked and the little tiger vanished? Huh?

I turned towards Duncan and heard him speaking with the guard about some crows in the area. Duncan dismissed the chat by mumbling something to himself before saying our goodbyes to the guard and continuing our walk.

???: "Woooolfie~! Sorry for being late!"

Suddenly someone jumped on Duncan's back, almost making him drop the ice creams he was holding. Looking on his back i saw Ahri... again being clingy.

I saw Duncan making a sour expression at being called 'Wolfie', but quickly he put on his signature look, something akin to sleep deprivation and a scowl