Chapter 24: Unanswered

TWs: Swearing and Trippy dream?

______________________________________

George POV: (Day before the party)

My day started a little differently than it normally did.

I woke in a slight panic due to the dream/nightmare I had. This one was different than the other ones. There was no cliff and my father was far from the main focus. I was in a house I didn't recognize and the was a bunch of music and flashing lights.

There was most likely a party of some sort going on. The room and was filled to the brim with people, it reeked of sweat and alcohol. The counters were littered with beer bottles and empty cans, figures bumped into me as I traveled through the crowd. In front of me, there was some shadowed figure pushing through people knocking them over. Just as if I were in a film I followed them, not knowing a single thing.

They made it outside and went to the corner of the yard. The shadowed person turned to look at me as if he already knew I was there. The darkness surrounding their identity faded. Shocked I stepped back and tripped over a rock falling to the ground. The un-masked figure moved forward and crouched down to my level with a smirk spreading across their face.

Slowly my surroundings began to mold into an endless void with dark purple waves and shaded white speckles that appeared to be stars. The grass beneath me faded and the two of us began to float in this space-like area. Ahead of me, I could see the face of the someone I feared looking down upon me. They gradually gained height as I seemed to sink further into the blackened atmosphere. This god-like figure stared into my soul as their eyes turned white and glowed brighter than the sun. Quivering, I sat hovering in this warped night sky wishing to get away from this demon as it slowly drifted in my direction.

Shaking I opened my mouth to say something, but nothing came out. They only laughed at my speechless words while a smirk appeared under their luminous eyes. They grabbed my chin and pulled me up to them, they exactly three words.

"You cowardly twink"

The instant they let go all gravity seemed to have returned, I fell deeper and deeper into the distorted atmosphere. Darkness clouded my vision and swallowed me up the further I fell from him.

Him as in Schlatt.

Schlatt.

The grin on his face widened before all went black and I woke up. It wasn't early early in the morning, but it was still early for me. It was about 6 o'clock. This is fine for some people, however, I'm not some people. I like my sleep, therefore I sleep/nap a lot. Yet, somehow I still have a bad sleep schedule.

Anyway, I was tired when I woke, whether it was from mental stress or exhaustion. I don't know. But, I know for a fact that I wouldn't fall asleep again. My breath was still a little staggered from the nightmare, so I took a few seconds to calm down before I got out of bed. Finally, feeling better I got up and prepared myself for the day to come.

Once the time rolled around Mya and I left for school after we ate breakfast together.

As usual, after Mya was inside. I sped off to my school.

I was greeted by Dream and Lukas in the parking lot. I walked over to my boyfriend and kissed his cheek.

"What's up guys"

"Oh nothing, just came to see my lovely boyfriend"

I smiled at his response and looked in Dream's direction.

"Just came to say hi to my friend, that's all"

I nodded and we started talking about Quackity's party that's tomorrow. They both seemed genuinely excited for it, however being the invert I am I didn't really want to. The good thing is that we didn't invite a lot of people, so hopefully, it isn't too crowded.