Chapter 32: Tension

TWs: Swearing

________________________________

George POV: 

My nerves are through the roof right now and I have no idea what to do at the moment. I invited Lukas inside and we're now sitting on the couch waiting for dinner to be done cooking. The TV is on in front and I'm just sitting on the couch staring at the wall.

Not at the TV, no no no.

Right below it, just to the left as if I've just lost my mind and can't find it.

Which is true for the most part.

I eventually clue back in when Lukas starts to tap on my shoulder. My neck snaps in his direction instantly like something out of a horror movie.

"Woah, babe chill. Are you okay?" He asks sympathetically.

Umm no, I'm not thank you very much I think to myself as my knee bounces a million miles per hour.

"Umm yeah, don't worry. I promise I'm fine." I reply trying to sound as calm as I can be at this moment. He rests his hand on my knee and it stops bouncing.

"Are you sure?" he says.

"I'm just a little nervous that's all," I say.

"Well, then how about, we go upstairs until we're called down to eat," Lukas suggests.

"Sure," I say. Both of us get up from the couch and make our way to the stairs.

"Mom we're heading upstairs. Call us down when dinner is ready" I yell from the top of the stairs.

"Okay, sounds good. And don't forget to leave the door open," she replies teasingly. I groan as Lukas snickers beside me.

"Ok mom," I respond tolerating it. Lukas and I turn and start heading toward my room. He's walking in front of me and just as he is about to open the door. I remember something.

My little green smiley face notes are on the floor.

He can't see that, he will know they're from Dream. The smiley face is practically Dreams symbol in our friend group. He is going to know, I don't know how I didn't. But when it comes to social cues he's a lot better than I am at noticing them.

I quickly scramble in front of the door before he has a chance of opening it.

"yes?" he questions suspiciously.

"I um, forgot to uh, pick up a few things. Just give me a few seconds" I say too quickly trying to not be suspicious, as I slip into the crack of my door without opening it too much.

I get in and close the door behind me and a take breath of relief and forget about everything for a split second. Then, my mind goes to chaos again and I scramble to pick up the notes. Speedily I shove the letters back into their box and put them back on the shelf.

Then, I quickly open the door with a smile on my face as if nothing ever happened. He just giggles.

"Babe, you're acting a little weird today," he says through his giggles.

"Ummm, no everything is the same," I say shaking my head.

"If you say so" he comments walking past me and laying down on my bed. I walk up to him and sit on the edge of my bed. I sit there staring at the floor, thinking about all the shit I have to deal with after this goddamn dinner.

I begin to hear the ruffling of the bed sheets and then the feeling of Lukas's head resting on my shoulder and his hands wrapped around my waist. He speaks up.