Chapter 31: The discovery

TWs: Swearing, anxiety (difficulty breathing)
________________________________

George POV:

looking down at my phone, my eyes go wide. On my screen, there was the name Dream with a simple smiley face like this :). My eyes drag down to the bottom of the screen, to show both the accept and decline bottom. The buttons seem to pop out more than normal causing the situation to seem more dire.

Silently, but quickly I stand up with my hand running through my hair. Beads of sweat were beginning to form on my forehead. I begin to start pacing around my room watching the decline and accept button tremble with the constant ringing playing in my ear.

Pacing quicker and quicker, my feet stumble over themselves and I fall into my bookshelf knocking my phone out of my hand and a cardboard box that was displayed on the shelf onto the floor.

I was fine, but there were a few things on the floor. It was mostly the notes I received at the beginning of the year. My phone was still ringing though. I started to put the notes back in the box as I picked up my phone. Only, I noticed something.

I glanced at my phone.

Then, at the notes.

Back at my phone again and at the notes once more.

"Oh," I said, my jaw-dropping in the process at my sudden realization.

Everything makes sense now, I guess I've always had some sort of fascination with this mystery man. Even though I am with Lukas. It makes sense why I felt like I already knew him.

He's Dream.

Only should I be mad or glad. Is it a good thing or a bad thing? Dream and Smileyman1234 are the same people. What do I do with this information, do I tell him or keep it a secret. I have no idea what to do.

Thinking about it, I didn't feel like dealing with it right now, there are more pressing issues. I want to break up with my boyfriend, but before I can have to fake being content with him for one night. This is after the fact that I kissed my best friend during a game of truth or dare. On top of that, I like him better than my boyfriend. This if I even want a chance with him.

I'll talk to Dream later and deal with Lukas now. I stand up with my phone in my hand and decline Dream's call without in an instant.

Solve one problem first, then fix another right?

I open Lukas's messages and leave the notes all over the floor. There I see his replies, turns out I got worked up for nothing.

Lukas <3

Hey

Hey babe

How are you?

Good

Are you excited about the dinner

Oh yeah, 100%

What time do I need to be at your house

I was wondering

That's what I was texting you about

My mom said around 6

Okay, great

I'll see you then, love you

k, bye