Huit

"That little bitch! Who does she think she is? Now I have to talk to her, settle this thing between us. She made me look like a fool to the press and the media. I can't have that." Philip roared angrily.

"Excuse me for saying so, but what did you expect sir? I advised you against making her look like a gold-digging whore. Now we have to speak with her reps and see what she wants. Unfortunately, you can't counter her without more backlash coming back to you." Michael said nonchalantly.

"I know that Michael. I'm not an idiot." He responded through gritted teeth.

Michael didn't respond, but mentally snorted in derision.

"Would you like me to contact her lawyer and set up a meeting?" Michael inquired.

"I don't see that we have any choice now."

Michael nodded and walked away, leaving Philip to his thoughts.

"What do you want Regan? My money? A name for your bastard? What?" he asked himself aloud.

...

"Oh honey I'm so proud of you. I'm sorry I couldn't be there with you last night, but you did so well." Rachel said to me, hugging me fiercely.

"So what's next?" she asked me.

"I'm not sure, I'm hoping Philip will call, I would really like Peanut to have a father in its life." I responded.

"Well, let's pray for the best." She said again.

I wasn't really listening to her anymore, I was more focused on the kiss that Malcolm and I had shared. His strong warm hands splayed over my back and his soft lips kissing me tenderly and with so much passion, I could feel my cheeks redden. I still wasn't sure if I should tell Rachel, but I needed to tell someone. I was feeling extremely confused.

"Hello? Earth to Regan, did you hear what I said?" she interrupted daydream.

"What?" I said her, a confused expression clouding my face.

"What were you thinking about just now?" she asked me suspicion clouding her voice.

"Er um nothing." I said embarrassed.

"Were you thinking about Philip? Your face is as red as a tomato. You were weren't you?!" she accused.

I shrugged my shoulders sheepishly; I didn't want to tell her the truth just yet.

"Oh Regan. Stop thinking about Philip, he's not worth your time. You and Peanut can and will do so much better than him." I nodded silently.

In that next instant my phone began to ring.

"Who's calling you?" Rachel asked me curiously.

"It's Malcolm." I told her, reading my caller id.

"I wonder why he's calling me so early." I said to her.

"Hello?" I answered nervously. I felt my breath catch slightly. I couldn't believe that I was as nervous as I felt. Hopefully Rachel didn't notice.

"Good morning Regan." He said quickly.

"Hi, good morning." I replied in a cheerful voice, I was excited to hear his voice.

"Philip's people have contacted me and want to set up a meeting with you for sometime this week. What day are you free?" he asked me professionally.

"Oh." I said, a little disappointed that that's why he was calling me, Philip.

"Um, I work mostly all week, um Thursday afternoon would work. I have a doctor's appointment in the morning. I can meet with you after." I said to him, all cheerful emotion gone out of my voice.

"Okay, I will set it up, thank you. I'll see you then, have a nice day." He hung up just as quickly as he had called, I didn't have a second to respond to him before I heard the sound of the dial tone in my ear. What the hell was that?

"So.. What's up?" Rachel asked me as soon as I was off the phone.

"It was Malcolm, Philip wants to talk." I said to her surprised.

"Really? Wow, that was quick." She said just as surprised.

"I know."