Huit (II)

"So what're you going to tell him?" she asked me curiously.

"I don't know, I'm not sure, I'm hoping I'll know when I see him." I responded, biting my thumbnail in the process.

She nodded silently, and left me to my thoughts.

Thursday came sooner than I had hoped, I had been a nervous wreck as soon as I had finished talking with Malcolm, but now that the dreaded day was finally upon me, I was a hyperventilating mess, at least in my head I was. Thankfully, Rachel was going to be with me, I needed my best friend there. And thankfully, I still had my appointment to go to first, so I could focus on Peanut before I had to face Philip. Ugh!

"All set Regan? You don't want to be late seeing the hot doctor." Rachel said suggestively.

"Rachel. He's my doctor. That's probably already 5 different forms of illegal." I said to her exasperatedly.

"So. He's gorgeous, do you not remember his eyes?" she said like a girl with a crush.

"Yes, I remember. Now let's go, before your nonsense makes me late."

She rolled her eyes at me and went outside to start the car. We drove away and drove straight to the office of Dr. Mark Robert's. After about ten or fifteen minutes of driving we finally made our way to his office. She parked the car and we went inside. It had been a few weeks since I had last seen him so I was excited to see how the baby was doing.

"Dr. Roberts is ready for you, go right on in." the perky secretary said to me with a genuine smile on her face.

"Thank you so much." I smiled at her back.

Rachel and I walked into a windowless room that smelled of alcohol and I sat on the makeshift bed in the middle of the room. The walls were white and had a few posters of pregnant mothers on them.

"Are you excited to see Dr. Hottie?" Rachel asked me with a wide grin on her face.

"Rachel. You're so bad, oh my goodness. I'm not thinking of men right now." I said to her annoyed and amused.

"Whatever, I'll take him if you don't want him." She said nonchalantly.

I rolled my eyes at her again but smiled at her nonsense. There was a knock on the door, before it opened slowly.

"Good morning ladies." Dr. Roberts walked in with a mega watt grin on his face. It made my heart pitter patter and my face redden.

"Hi." I said softly.

What the hell hormones?! Get a grip on yourself.

"Hey there." Rachel said to him, and winked at him suggestively.

I rolled my eyes yet again. Oh geez Rach.

"So how are you and baby doing?" he asked me professionally.

"I think pretty well. I don't feel him yet, but he's in there." I said redundantly.

Dr. Robert's just chuckled, my goodness what a laugh. If it was possible it made him more handsome.

"Alright lift your shirt and lay back please."

I complied and did what he asked. He put the same jelly stuff on my stomach that he had done the first time and put a little machine like toy on my tummy and turned on a monitor for us to look at. His hands were warm on my stomach, it made butterflies form there. It didn't help at all that he was so handsome and that I was a hormonal freak of nature. It seemed that any handsome man could catch my attention, what the hell was wrong with me?