Vingt sept

The next morning, I roused by the sweet sounds of my daughter cooing. She was in her bassinet, sucking her thumb, which meant to me, it was time to feed her. I rose from my bed, quickly did my morning routine, and then began to nurse Sadie. We were lounging around on my bed when suddenly, the alarm system began to go off. I held Sadie tighter to me as I felt momentary panic wash over me. What the hell was going on? Sergei burst through my room and had his gun drawn.

"Sergei, what's going on?" I asked, as I held Sadie closer to me.

"Come on. We're leaving." he said suddenly.

"What? Where? Where is Philip?" I asked. He came to my side and slapped me hard across the face. I cried out in pain.

"No more questions. Let's go." He said angrily. I was momentarily stunned. He was the one behind this? But why?

I followed him out of my room and down the hall where Blondie and another brunette I didn't recognize, were waiting for us.

"Hurry up. The car is waiting." The brunette said again.

"Camille, grab the car seat, Blondie, grab her things. Move let's go." He said again.

He checked our surroundings, and when it was clear, he moved us out of the house and off the property. He had us all in a car within minutes, and no one had noticed that we were gone. Sadie was probably picking up on my anxiety because she began to wail suddenly.

"Shut her the hell up!" Sergei screamed out harshly. I flinched as I tried to soothe Sadie as best I could given the circumstances.

"It's okay sweet girl, mama's here." I said to her, while I caressed her soft skin.

"Shh, shh." I lulled to her.

"Make a right, right here." Camille said from the passenger seat. Sergei swerved suddenly, and I had to hold onto the door, so I wouldn't tumble into headfirst into the back of the seat.

"Drive until you reach Mayberry, then turn left on Cypress." She said again.

We drove for a about 20 minutes until we were a few miles away from a harbor. I could see it and hear it in the distance. We drove up to what looked like an abandoned warehouse. The building looked so dilapidated, it looked like it would collapse at any moment. The ground was dirty, the walls were grimy, the windows were completely obscure, as if someone had spray painted them a dirty mud color. Everything about this building screamed beware, and we were going there right now. It made my heart beat a little faster. Where was Philip right now? Sergei stopped the car and everyone exited the vehicle, everyone except me that is.

"Get out." Sergei said harshly.

"No." I replied with conviction.

"You either get out, or I take Sadie from you. Your choice." He said again.

My eyes narrowed in anger, I would kill him if he laid hands on my daughter. I said nothing to him as I held onto her and got out of the car. He grabbed my arm roughly and hauled me in from of him.

"Go inside. Now!" he nearly shouted.

I narrowed my eyes at him icily. It was one thing to push me around, but if he was the one behind the nonsense. I would become his worst nightmare. He shoved me to the front door, and I stumbled slightly, I had to adjust my footing or else I would have fallen. I made my way to the door as the three of them stayed behind. What the hell was going on? The continued to watch me as I quietly entered the building, letting the steel door shut loudly behind me. I looked around into any empty warehouse. There were columns that were scattered about inside. Trash was strewn all over the floor, and the place had an acrid stench to it, making my eyes water and my throat gag. All I could make out, were two chairs in the center of the building. A figure who's back of their head I could see, was sitting in one of the chairs. I approached warily.