Quatorze (2)

We sailed just a little longer until finally I felt the yacht slowing to a stop. Malcolm rose and held out his hand for me to follow him.

"We're here. We'll dock soon." He said as I followed him outside.

The island was magnificent. It was just the type of small secluded island you would expect. There were palm trees that littered the majority of the isle and small sand dunes on the right side. And right smack dab in the middle was a three story brown house with a wraparound porch and tan shutters. It was a beautiful place.

"Come on, let me show you around the place." He said as he held his hand out to me.

We walked off the boat and walked to the dock.

"This place is beautiful. I can't believe it's all yours." I said to him, looking in awe around me.

"Well it's not all mine, like I said, it's my family's land, but yes, I love it here too." He said with a small smile on his face.

I looked at the horizon and at the surrounding land, the stars in the sky were perfect, this night was turning out to be better than expected, and we hadn't even officially started it yet.

"Come here, I want to show you something." He held out his hand to mine once again and led us down to the beach. The view was amazing.

"You might want to slip your shoes off right now." He said looking down at my feet. I bent down and quickly slipped off my heels, making sure to grab onto him with one hand so as not to lose my balance.

"You're not going to take your shoes off?" I asked him comfused.

"No, I'll be fine." He said nonchalantly.

Once I had my shoes off completely, he continued to walk us down the beach. I felt the warm sand under my feet, slipping in between my toes. A slight breeze tinged the air, making the soft tresses of my hair billow around my face. We walked for a few minutes and up ahead I could see where he was taking me to. There was a table right on the beach, close enough to watch the waves of the ocean, but not so close that it would get our feet soaked. The table had a chair on either side of it, with a small vase in the center and a tea light inside. There were red rose petals all over the table. There were also wine glasses, which I hoped were filled with apple juice,and ornately painted plates with gold silverware. The sight was breathtaking, and romantic.

"Oh wow, this is beautiful Malcolm." I said to him, breathlessly.

"I'm glad you think so. I wasn't sure if this was going to be too much for a first date." He said sheepishly, his cheeks slightly pink.

"No, this is great, thank you. Wow are all your first dates this amazing?" I asked incredulously.

"Believe it or not, you're the first woman I've ever brought here. None of my previous dates know about Granger Isle."

"I am?" I asked astonished.

"You're not like every other woman Regan, at least not to me, you're different, I really like that about you."

I felt my face redden, "thank you." I replied embarrassed.

He held out my chair for me, "please, sit."

"Thank you." I replied.

"So I hope you like Italian." He said once more.

"I do."

He lifted his napkin and suddenly Lawrence appeared out of nowhere. He had a small cart with what appeared to be food on it. He removed the plates in front of us, and then placed a bowl with what looked like a soup in it. It had chickpeas, carrot and celery, among other things I couldn't see in it.