Vingt trois

A FEW WEEKS LATER..

"When Philip told me about his first baby, I feel like something changed between us. I don't even look at him the way I've been used to looking at him."

"How do you mean?" Rachel asked me.

We were in my room, eating breakfast on my bed. I had told her about my conversation with Philip, and I think like me, her opinion of him was changing.

"I don't know. But I feel so heartbroken for him. I see him in a different way. I don't hate him like I used to. Well I never really hated him, but I didn't like him at all." I said to her as I sipped on my orange juice.

"And you like him now?" Rachel inquired, as she raised her eyebrow at me.

"Uh.. I don't not like him." I responded evasively. Rachel just grinned at me, so I rolled my eyes at her.

"Anyway, I'm thinking that we should have your baby shower in two weeks." Rachel said suddenly.

"Oh wow, I forgot about that." I said as I rubbed my belly absently.

"Well I didn't, and I think that you need to have one."

"Rachel, where is it that you are planning on throwing this baby shower?" I asked her.

"Well here of course, duh." She scoffed.

"Rach no, it's not even my house. How do you think Philip would feel if we had a shower here without asking him?" I asked her incredulously.

"Let's ask him." She responded gleefully. She hopped off my bed and I tried to grab her arm before she raced to the door like a kid in a candy store.

"Rach no." I said horrified. Too late, she had opened the door and was hollering for Philip.

"Philip! Can you come here please?!" she yelled out. In a few moments, Philip rounded the corner and ran straight through my door, his face pale.

"Regan! Are you okay? Is the baby okay?" he asked me anxiously. He stood at the edge of my bed as he checked for any sign that I was going into early labor.

"Calm your tits Phil. She's fine." Rach interrupted.

"Rachel!" I scolded her, she merely shrugged and continued with what she was going to say. I rolled my eyes again. He looked at me with a crooked grin on his face, clearly confused by what was going on. I smiled sheepishly at him, ugh I was going to kill Rachel.

"So Phil, Regs and I were thinking.."

"Ahem." I interrupted her loudly. She rolled her eyes at me, but continued.

"Okay, I was thinking that I want to throw Regan a baby shower." She clarified.

"That's it?" he asked chuckling.

"Well, I was thinking we could throw it here. You know, since this is YOUR house." She emphasized your. Philip looked taken aback for a moment, I felt my face redden in mortification.

"Yes, what do you need from me? Do you want me to buy anything? Drinks? Food? Decorations? I'm not actually sure what goes on in a baby shower." He said more to himself than to either of us.

I stared at him with my mouth open. What in the world? Rachel grinned at us. What was so funny?

"No, I can handle everything. But if you want to invite anybody, you know, sisters, grandmothers, moms? You are more than welcome." She replied. Philip nodded.

"If you need anything, tell me. I'll have Helga take care of everything." He said, before he rubbed my belly affectionately and placed a small peck there.