Deux

Later that night Rachel and I found ourselves back at club Strata. We went inside and the familiar scents and noise made my already nervous stomach more queasy at the idea that I might see Phillip again. The club was crowded with warm bodies, sweating and gyrating to the music that the DJ was currently blasting through the speakers.

“Rach let’s go, this was a horrible idea. I don’t think I can do this anymore.” I said to her nervously, I was seriously chickening out.

“Regan don’t be a pansy, you can do this, forget about Phillip for now and just enjoy your hotness.” She said in the only tone she could that would reassure me.

She and I had spent a couple of hours making sure we looked as hot as Rachel assured me we looked. I curled my raven hair and put subtle color on my face, accentuating my sea green eyes and added a dash of color to my lips. I wore a skinny black dress at the insistence of Rachel and some matching peep toe pumps. Rachel looked even more gorgeous, her blonde hair was in a sophisticated bun at the top of her head and she wore eye makeup that made her gorgeous blue eyes pop. She had a fire engine red dress on, with matching heels and lipstick. She was the “hot” one. I felt like a whale compared to her, but I was determined to not let my negative thoughts ruin our night.

“Okay, you’re right, let’s keep going.”

“Whoo!” she yelled out excitedly. I groaned inwardly.

She grabbed my hand and we made our way through the endless throng of people, bumping into shoulders, avoiding creeps and the occasional ass grabs. Finally, after what seemed like an eternity, we made our way to the back of the club, we sat on some dark leather couches and waited for a waitress to come and take our order. I fanned myself continuously, the club really was hot, and I hadn’t even started dancing yet, not that I would, considering the current state I was in.

“Do you see him?” Rachel yelled to me over the loud music, I could barely hear her.

“No, do you?” I asked, not sure I really wanted to know the answer.

“No, but who cares, forget about him. I know the plan was to try and find him again, but we’re young and you need to have some fun. Let’s go doll!” she grabbed my hand and led me to the dance floor.

“No Rach, I don’t think it’s a good idea, it might not be safe for the baby.” I said to her nervously. It was a serious lapse in my judgment to be here, I should’ve just stayed home, I thought to myself.

“Regan, the doctor said you were fine to hang out tonight. You obviously won’t be drinking, we’ll just dance once and then sit down. Don’t worry so much, you’ll get wrinkles.” She grinned at me. Ugh how could I say no to that kid?

“Fine, fine, I cave.” I grinned back.

We pushed our way through the sea of endless people until we were in a nice spot right in the middle of the dance floor. The DJ had put some awesome dance music on, currently we were dancing to something by Pitbull. Not my favorite, but enough to get me excited about the rest of the night. Rachel lifted her hands in the air, carefree and laughing, dancing and gyrating her gorgeous figure to the beat of the music. I followed her lead and moved my hips as well, finally starting to loosen up and finally starting to have fun. She and I had gotten so into the music, I missed seeing that someone came up behind me, when suddenly I felt a pair of strong hands grip my hips. I gasped, who the hell was touching me? I tried to shove the stranger away, he kept on gripping me.

“Hey! Let go of her creep.” Rachel said loudly enough for the both of us to hear.

The club was really dark, the only lights we saw came from the strobe lights that the DJ flashed, other than that, we were shrouded in darkness.