Seize

"What did you do to her?! Regan, honey, wake up, are you okay?" Rachel said to her, she was panicking, the concern all over her face. Philip rushed to Regan's side and lifted her head and cradled it in his lap.

"Regan? Regan can you hear me, please wake up." He said with a terrified tone.

What had he done? This woman was carrying his firstborn, why did he insist on picking a fight with her every chance he got? Every time she became ill, so did his child. Why couldn't he get that through his head?

"Get away from her! You did this, make yourself useful and call a ambulance. Now!" Rachel barked at him, Philip was going to protest, until he saw Regan's unconscious form on the ground again, and decided against it. He rushed to the nearest phone and called for help.

"Hello, what is your emergency?" the dispatcher asked calmly.

"Hello? This is Philip Rylancourt, I need an ambulance, she's carrying my baby, she needs help." He said quickly.

"Ugh, pass me the phone, idiot." Rachel said annoyed.

"Sir, I need you to tell me what the emergency is, so I can better assist you." She said once more.

"We need an ambulance. My friend is about five months pregnant and she's just fainted, we can't seem to wake her up. Our address is 365 Huntington Court. Please hurry."

"I've dispatched an ambulance to your location."

"Thank you." Click.

"Well, ahem. Thanks." Philip said awkwardly.

"You can go now Philip, as you've just witnessed, I can handle things without you." She said brusquely.

"I'm not going anywhere, I want to make sure that Regan and my child are safe."

"Really? Now you want to make sure that Regan and 'your' child are safe, after all the nonsense and lies you've put Regan and the baby through? Because it wasn't just affecting Regan. Every time, you made Regan cry, every time you made her angry, hurt, sad, betrayed, she felt it, but so did the baby. So don't start with your bs about how you want to make sure that Regan and the baby are fine, when you were the one that started all of this."

Philip looked at her with a dumbfounded expression, he wanted to get angry, annoyed, maybe even say or do something stupid, but he didn't because she was right. He had managed to mess everything up with Regan, all of his threats, all of his games, had not only been affecting her, but the baby as well. Their baby. And now, Regan and the baby could be in danger, because he was too stupid and childish to own up to his responsibilities.

"I know that I've messed thigs up Rachel, but please. Let me be here for Regan and my child. Please."

Rachel wanted to brush him off, to scoff at his words, she couldn't believe that the same Philip who had said such hurtful things only moments before, was changing his tune completely. She looked in his direction and saw the sincerity in his face. Was this for real? Or was this another of Philip's games? She took a leap of faith and decided to take a chance on him, a small, once in a lifetime, when pigs fly, when hell freezes over chance. Hopefully, she wouldn't regret it.

Knock! Knock! Knock!

The EMT's rushed in the house with a stretcher, and Regan was still unconscious, she had made no sound since she fainted. It was really starting to worry Rachel.

"Please, help her." Rachel said desperately.

"Ma'am, can you tell me what happened?" a paramedic asked her.