Quinze

Malcolm quickly shut the door behind him after he kissed Regan goodnight. She was intoxicating, she'd been on his mind a lot lately and the fact that he was able to take her out on a date, warmed his spirits. She was a lot of fun to be around. He wanted to kiss her more deeply, have her feel his warmth, his strong arms around her. He wanted to caress her soft skin until she was breathless. But he also didn't want to push her. She was still fragile because of her situation with Philip, and he didn't want to take advantage of that, he wasn't Philip. He removed the rest of his clothes and climbed into his bed. He remembered the sweet smell of her hair and the sparkle in her eyes, Regan was beautiful, and with those last thoughts, he let sleep overcome him.

>>>

"So, how was your date?" Rachel asked me the next day when we were sitting in our living room.

We had left Granger Isle as soon as possible, Malcolm had important business to attend to, or so that's what he told me, so he drove us home and dropped me off a little while ago. He said he would call as soon as he could. 

"Honestly? It was by far the best date I've ever been on." I said happily.

"Really? How so?"

"Erm..How do I even begin to explain?" I replied.

"Well, tell me everything." She smiled.

"So, Malcolm is rich." I said bluntly.

"Well I know he's got money, he's a lawyer." She said exasperatedly.

"No, you don't understand, he's filthy stinking rich."

"How rich?" she asked curiously.

"He's a Granger."

"No he isn't?!" she gasped.

"Yes, he is, and for our date, he took me on his family's private yacht and sailed us to his family's private island." I said matter-of-factly.

"Are you serious? Malcolm?" she asked, shock all over her face.

"Yes, I'm very serious. I was shocked too, believe me."

"So wait, you went to a private island?" Where?"

"Somewhere in LA harbor."

"So what does that mean for you? Does that change how you feel about him?" she wondered.

"It does, and doesn't. I mean I don't care that he has money, that's his money so I'm not even going to get involved with that, but the places he took me to yesterday were gorgeous, so I guess it's not good or bad that he has money, it is what it is I guess."

"Are you going to see him again?"

"If he asks me, then yes, I will. After yesterday, I don't know if I want to let him go so easily. Gosh my hormones are making me sound desperate."

"You're a woman, who has feelings for a man. Of course your hormones are involved. Just be careful Regan, it's not just about you anymore." She said wisely.

"I know, thanks Rach. I'm going to go lie down for a while." I said to her suddenly tired, I guess I did have a lot to think about.

...

The next morning, I woke up and laid in bed thinking about my life, my emotional turmoil with Philip, my confusion over Mark and Malcolm. I was lost, I had no idea what I had gotten myself into. As I lay in bed, I heard my cell phone ringing. Who could be calling me at, I checked the time on my clock, 8? I groaned audibly, it was too early for Mark? I saw his name on my caller id, what did he want so early? Was something wrong with Peanut? My blood turned cold at the idea that something could be wrong with my baby, so I answered him quickly.