Onze

"Malcolm what am I going to do now? What are my chances now?" I asked Malcolm desperately.

"Yes. What are we going to do about Philip and his nonsense?" Rachel asked him irritably.

"Okay how sure are you about the information you received?" he asked me seriously. We were currently in his office and seated near his desk as he reviewed papers regarding my situation with Philip.

"His personal assistant told us."

"Is this assistant reliable?" he asked again.

"We hope so. As soon as he told us, we came over here."

"Okay, let me make some calls and I'll get back to you as soon as I can." Malcolm ushered us out but not before stopping me.

"Regan, can I speak to you for a moment please?" Rachel looked behind at us and noticed that Malcolm wanted to speak to me alone so she continued to walk out and left us in awkward silence.

"Ahem." He said nervously.

"Are we okay?" He asked awkwardly.

"Sure, why wouldn't we be?"

"I know that my kissing you was crossing a line, but if I offended you, I apologize." He said softly.

"Malcolm, you didn't offend me." I replied.

He approached me and grabbed my arms, pulling me closer to him. He lifted a hand to my face and caressed my cheek softly. I leaned into him, enjoying the warmth that emanated from him. He leaned his face closer to mine a breath away from my lips. I was getting mesmerized in the moment before I stopped and realized what was going on.

"Malcolm... wait." I put my hands up to his chest to stop him from coming any closer to me.

"Regan. I, I'm sorry. I just got caught up in the moment. I didn't mean to be presumptuous." He said bashfully.

"No, don't feel embarrassed, please I just. I feel like I need to be honest with you."

"Honest with me? About what?" He asked confused.

"I was asked to dinner by someone."I said lamely. He smiled slowly.

"Is that all?" he asked with a small grin on his face.

"Yes, that's all." I replied now the one confused.

"Does it not matter to you?"I asked again.

"It's just dinner right?"

"Yes."

"Then no, it doesn't matter to me. When you're done having dinner with him, you should have dessert with me." He said suggestively.

"Ha, punny."I replied with a small blush coloring my cheeks.

"What? I meant like ice cream or something, what did you think I mean?" he asked again, a small grin forming at the corners of his mouth.

"I don't know, I don't think it's a good idea." I said doubtfully.

"Why? We're just two people hoping to get dessert together."

"Well, I don't think it's right. I let you kiss me the other day even though I'm pregnant by some other man, and now another man wants to take me to dinner. Does that seem wise to you?" I asked him exasperatedly.

"I think, it just makes you human." He got close to me again and this time gave me a soft peck on the lips.

"Call me when your dinner is over. I'll pick you up." He whispered to me.