Dix-Sept

*LANGUAGE..

"You asked me to keep you updated on all things Regan, well, I just thought you'd be interested in some useful information." He said quietly over the phone.

"Really? How useful?" Stranger asked quietly, their interested piqued.

"So useful, I'd like my usual fee." He said with no regrets.

"Hmm, alright, I'll bite, what is this useful information?" Stranger replied.

"Regan is in the hospital right now. She came in because apparently she fainted. She's severely dehydrated and in need of bed rest. So I prescribed that for the remainder of her pregnancy she stays in bed, or risk losing her baby." Dr. Roberts said softly. He looked around his surroundings and made sure that he was alone, if anyone heard him giving out information on a patient, he would be in deep shit.

"Ooh that is useful information. Alright, I'll send you your payment. Expect it tomorrow morning in the usual place." Stranger said. Then they quickly hung up the phone.

This couldn't have been more perfect. Regan in the hospital? Stranger couldn't have asked for a better plan to be put into motion.

"Hey, come on. We were just given a godsend." Stranger said gleefully to their companion.

"Where are we going now?" she said rolling her eyes.

"We're going to the hospital love, we're gonna pay Regan and her spawn a visit."

"Regan is in the hospital? Why?" she asked incredulous.

"That doesn't matter, what matters, is that we have an opportunity here, so we're gonna take it." Stranger said icily.

She looked at Stranger, seriously questioning their morals, but said nothing and complied, she followed Stranger out the door.

...

"Ugh, I hate hospitals, they always reek of antiseptic and cold." She complained, whilst making a face, every time they took a step.

"Really? What the hell does cold smell like?" Stranger asked annoyed.

"Like a hospital, duh." She said sarcastically, Stranger just looked at her with a confused expression.

They walked in silence as they made their way to Regan's room, they walked down the hall looking for her room number.

"Are you sure this is a good idea? What if someone see's us?" she asked.

"That's why you are going to stand guard, now shut up and make sure no one comes in until I'm done, do you understand me?"

"What are you going to do?" she asked suddenly.

"Nothing, I'm just going to talk to her, but I can't do that if you don't shut up and do as I asked." Stranger said getting angry.

"Okay, okay, I'll stand guard sheesh." She replied.

Finally, after what seemed like forever, they made their way to Regan's room, Stranger peeked inside and noticed that Regan was completely alone. Perfect timing.

"Okay, stay out here and remember, signal loudly if you see someone round the corner."

"Okay, I will." She said.

They were virtually the only ones on the floor, no nurse, doctor, orderly could be seen. Stranger was betting that Philip was the one that made that happen, probably to avoid having a media circus attacking Regan. But Stranger wasn't complaining, they would use this opportunity to their advantage. Stranger crept into Regan's room quietly so as not to wake her up, they walked to the edge of Regan's bed and stared at her sleeping form. Currently, she was in a fetal position, hugging her stomach, just looking at her all vulnerable made Stranger sick to their stomach. Stranger looked out the door to make sure she wasn't watching them, when they deemed it safe, Stranger got closer to Regan and pulled the syringe they had in their pocket out. Stranger took the cap off the syringe and flicked the tip, like they do in the movies. They found Regan's IV, and without thinking twice about it, injected the whole syringe, which was full of a clear liquid into Regan's IV.