Douze

"You're right, she is kind of needy." He said casually.

"In what way?"

"Well, she kissed me. It caught me off guard but I didn't stop her. I don't know if it's loneliness she's feeling, or if she is starting to have feelings for me, but overall, I think you have nothing to worry about, she seems pretty harmless to me."

"Good, that's what I like to hear. Here's your next payment. Continue to keep her distracted. I want her to forget all of her problems when she's with you. Do you understand me?"

"Yes, I do. As always, it's a pleasure doing business with you." Dr. Mark said to the unknown person in front of him. He grabbed the envelope that the unknown person handed him and put it in his coat pocket.

As soon as Mark had ended his date with Regan, he had called his handler and arranged a meeting with them within the hour. After he took the money that the person had handed him he exited the building the same way he had come in. He knew that what he was doing to Regan was messed up, but he didn't care, all he was interested in was the money. Hopefully, it wouldn't come back to bite him in the ass for being a dick, and if it did, oh well.

"Oh Regan, you and your bastard came into my life at the wrong time. But soon I'll get rid of you." The unknown person said quietly to themselves as they watched Mark walk away through the darkness.

...

A FEW DAYS LATER

"So, have you handled my situation? Did she get scared into taking the tests or what?" Philip asked with a slight grin on his face. He always got what he wanted, so he knew that Regan would give in and take the tests he wanted her to take, she was easy. That's how he'd gotten her to sleep with him so quickly. It was a gift.

"No. Her lawyer just called me a little while ago, they're calling your bluff. She doesn't want to hurt the baby, so she said do what you want." Philip's lawyer was talking to him bluntly, weighing out every option for him.

"Look, I'm going to be honest with you Philip, slander cases are extremely hard to prove in court because of the First Amendment. You'd need hard evidence that Regan lied and or is lying, unfortunately for you, she is pregnant, anyone with eyes can see that.

"Are you serious?" Philip started to reply angrily.

"Philip let me finish." His lawyer cut him off.

"But, there is still a chance that the child she's carrying isn't yours. If that's the case then you can sue for slander and defamation."

"That's why I want her to take the test John. Can't you make her take it?" Philip replied sarcastically.

"You can't make a woman do anything in regards to her body, hello what century are you living in? I have to ask you, and you need to be one hundred percent honest with me, otherwise I can't protect you. Do you understand?"

"What John, what do you want to know?"

"Is there any possible way that she could be carrying your child?"

"What. The. Fuck? No! John. Yes I slept with her, but I used a condom."

"Condoms don't always work Philip, as if you don't know that already. Ugh, we're fucked, I don't think I can help you."

"What are you talking about John. I just told you, I used protection with her."

"Fine Philip, I give up. I'll try to roadblock her every step of the way, but just know that I warned you."