Vingt

Philip raced to his estate and immediately noticed the cacophony of police sirens, his dogs barking uncontrollably, and his staff on high alert. He parked his car and ran in search of someone who could tell him what was going on. His breath caught in his throat as he saw no sign of Regan. Had she been harmed? He felt his pulse quicken, as the unease he had been feeling, settled in.

"Are you getting this? What's happening? Do you know what's happening?" the reporter who had been tailing Philip parked just behind him and with the help of her cameraman, quickly began to film what was going on.

"Hello, I'm Stasia Stanwick with KZOV News, we're here in front of the home Philip Rylancourt. As you can see behind me, there are police cars strewn about. We're not sure what's going on, but we will keep you updated as this story develops. Back to you in the studio."

"Keep filming, and keep the camera pointed at Philip." Stasia said to her cameraman.

...

Philip entered the gate and rushed to where Dimitri was, he was speaking to a person who Philip assumed was a detective. He a tall balding man who wore gray slacks and a white button down shirt with black loafers. He was writing down everything that Dimitri was telling him.

"Где она?" (Where is she)

"Mr. Rylancourt, I'd like to speak with you if you have a moment?" the detective asked him.

"внутри." (Inside)

Philip ignored the detective and rushed to Regan's room. He wouldn't be at ease until he knew Regan was safe. He ran up the stairs, down the hall and stopped when he saw glass shards from a broken window. He stepped over the glass and stopped in front of Regan's door and braced himself for the worst. He knocked gently.

"Come in." I called out. He opened the door slowly and saw that I was in bed holding a lamp tightly to my chest. His heart broke at the sight.

"Philip!" I relaxed visibly at the sight of him, and put the lamp I'd been holding back on the table.

He rushed to my side and embraced me, he held me close and I felt as he breathed me in. He let out the breath that he'd been holding.

"Are you okay? Is the baby okay?" he asked.

He grabbed my face gently and looked me up and down. He looked for marks, bruises, anything out of the ordinary. The genuine concern in his eyes made me tear up.

"Yes, we're..we're okay." I felt a hiccup as I stammered out the words.

"What happened?" he asked back to business. The moment we had shared now over. He stood up and crossed his arms to his chest.

"I don't know. You'll have to ask Dimitri or Sergei. I've been in here the whole day. After you left, Rachel came over for a little bit and after she left I fell asleep. Next thing I know, I hear a crash down the hall and I get up to see what it is.."

"Regan, you could have been injured. Next time just stay in here and lock the door." He interrupted me.

"Anyway," I continued, "I walked down the hall and this woman, or girl really. She stops me to say that she's looking for you because she wants your autograph." The annoyance I had felt earlier because of the stupidity of that girl, came back to me. Philip tightened his arms slightly, but didn't say anything, he let me continue my story.

"Then, in the next moment, Dimitri and Sergei get here, push me behind them and draw their weapons.."

"They did what?!" Philip narrowed his eyes as he seethed with fury. I flinched slightly at his tone, but again, continued.