Fun Facts

So I was debating putting this up, but I figured why not? Some of you might be interested to know a little bit of background for this story and my writing process. I don't know about other writers, but for myself, I get a lot of my inspiration for my writing from real people, ideas, etc. This story is no different, the idea for this story came to me when I was watching a news cycle about Justin Bieber. (I realize how ridiculous that sounds, but I kid you not, he was the inspiration for this story). Now, I am not a fan of his whatsoever, I think he's an arrogant little prick who needs a lesson or two in manners and compassion. Anyway, I was watching the story about how this woman was claiming to have gotten pregnant by him when he was only sixteen or something, I don't know if any of you remember that story, but it got me thinking suddenly. What happened to the woman? Where did she go? She made her announcement and she disappeared as quickly as she had come out. The media basically destroyed that woman, whoever she was and then I started to think of a story. I have no idea who that woman was or if she was lying, telling the truth, who knows? It gave me an idea that I ran with though, telling the story through her eyes. How she was portrayed in the media, how people she had never met were basically attacking her, because of circumstances beyond her control, and I ran with it, thus, Regan was created. My process for coming up with a story is very different. Sometimes, a random name will pop into my head, and then a character starts to form. After that, I develop a story. Other times, I start writing out a plot, and have no idea what to name a character, and then halfway through, it comes to me, it's different for each story. 

*This story ended very very differently than what I had envisioned. In the VERY beginning stages of this story, ( and I mean like the fetus stages of it) I had written out an idea that I liked and I started to write the story based on that idea. Regan was not going to end up with anyone in the end, she was going to be alone, and raise the baby on her own. She and Philip were going to be together, but down line realize they were too different, and their relationship was just not going to work. Philip was always going to be the guy you love to hate, and hate to love, but somehow down the line that changed. And his character matured. 

*Toward the middle of the story, I started to envision Regan ending up with Malcolm, and I really liked that idea, I wanted them to be together, but the story wrote itself, and it didn't end that way. (Sorry Regan and Malcolm shippers..) lol 

*I briefly, very briefly played with the idea of making Rachel a lesbian, but that changed too, and then I started thinking maybe she should end up with Malcolm? I played with that idea until the very end, but again, it didn't make sense for the story so that didn't happen. 

*Michael was ALWAYS going to be the villain to this story, I had him written out from the beginning. He was, basically obsessed with him and upset that Philip never had feelings for him, or any sort of affection for him. He was going to be crazy about the fact that Philip would never return his love/affection. And what would set him off one day, would be that he tried to kiss Philip and Philip pushed him away and started to call him names, basically act like a bigot. But, a little way through the story, the idea seemed kind of cliched and I didn't want my story to be cliched, so then I started to think about making him an ex lover, and that's where Alyssa came to mind. It still was a little cliched, but I hope you enjoyed it regardless. 

*Peanut, was originally going to be a boy. I had his name picked out, it was going to be Noah, but again, somewhere along the way, the story changed, and Sadie was created. I played with the idea of Regan having twins, one of each, but it wouldn't have worked for the purposes of the sequel. 

*Malcolm, who I just loved, and was so sad to write out, was always going to be the good guy. Very very briefly, I thought about changing him, and making him the villain, but I just liked him too much, so I didn't. He had his moments where I was a little frustrated with him, like I'm sure you all were, but for the most part, I loved his character. I was sad to find out that he wasn't going to be with Regan. (I realize that I'm writing as if I had no control over the characters, and the plot, but the truth is, I just write and write and let the story write itself. If ideas come to me, I'll add them in, but for the most part, I don't go into a story knowing how it will end or what will happen along the way, because the stories change). Anyway, I originally wanted Regan and Malcolm together, that's what I envisioned as I continued with the story. Philip started to change though, and then I liked him a little more. My reasoning is this, I chose the man that would be better for Regan, not the better man, if that makes sense.

*Sometimes when I am writing a story, I get so lost in it that I forget plots or characters, so I've started writing them on post-its so I don't forget.. lol So if you see characters that have the same names, it's because I forgot to change them, but they are all different from each other. 

*This story was going to be a standalone, I had NO intentions for a sequel, but toward the end, the idea for the sequel came to me. It's going to be similar to this story, but very very different as well. I hope you read that one, and enjoy it as much as this one. I'll give some basic information for that one, if you haven't figured it out yet. Harlowe Collins is the first daughter of Philip's, the one that Alyssa had given birth to, and Alice said had died. And obviously, Sadie is the daughter of Regan and Philip. That is were the story is going to change, I decided to write the sequel 20 years in the future, so the girls are adults now. (So I should say women..) lol anyway, they are very different from one another. Harlowe is very brusque and has no filter, always speaks her mind, very impulsive and has too much life experience for someone so young, because of her upbringing. She's also a hardcore thief. (Which will play a major role in the story) Sadie, is a very shy, sweet gentle person who lived a very sheltered life with her parents, so she's very naive and inexperienced. Harlowe is 23, and Sadie is 20. Um, I think that's all I'll reveal about the sequel, I hope you read it, and tell me what you think. :)

*Another fun fact, I had the ending written out basically since chapter 10? (I believe it was 10, it might have been a few chapters after,)  So I had to double back and finish writing the body of the story so I could get to the climax/ending of it. 

I think that's most of the information I wanted to tell you, if you have any questions about this story, or anything, DM me, I read 95% of the comments/messages, sometimes, there will be a few that I miss though. But for the most part, I read most of them, so talk to me. 

If you have made it this far, thanks. I hope you enjoyed reading a little bit of my writing process, and how this story came to be. I hope it cleared some things up for you. If not, sorry.. lol 

~Lace