Dix

"Come in. Come in, If you could please lift your shirt. We can start the exam quickly." Dr. Roberts said in a professional manner.

I was nervous being in the room with Dr. Robert's. Rachel had decided to wait outside as soon as we got there so I was by myself with him.

"Okay, everything looks good so far." He pointed out certain things on the screen, I just looked at it confused. I had no idea what I was staring at. It was obviously my child, but it was a blob-like thing on the screen.

"Here are the baby's arms, this is its left foot." He continued as he pointed to the screen.

"Aw. It looks so itty bitty." I said with love in my voice and heart. I was excited to meet my little Peanut.

"You're not that far along in your pregnancy, like I said a few days ago, you're about twelve weeks, but I can clearly see that the baby is forming beautifully. Soon enough I'll be able to tell you the sex of the baby."

"As exciting as that is, I don't know if I want to find out when I'll be able to, I think I might just wait until the baby is born." I said calmly. I was excited about my child, I didn't care if the baby was a boy or a girl. I just wanted it to be healthy.

"Fair enough, but when the time comes if you change your mind, just ask me and I'll tell you." He responded.

"Thank you so much Dr. Robert's." I smiled at him warmly. He smiled back at me.

"You can go ahead and pull your shirt back down." He said, after wiping my belly.

"Ahem." Mark coughed out audibly suddenly nervous it seemed, I looked up at him confused, and waited for him to continue.

"I know that this is unethical and unprofessional, but I was wondering, hoping even, that you might have dinner with me some time."

"Oh." I was not expecting that all, he surprised me with his question.

"I mean, I know how this looks and under normal circumstances I would never ask a patient under my care to dinner, but I feel like I can with you. I hope I'm not overstepping." He looked at me sheepishly, he looked extra cute when he was nervous, it was nice to see.

"I would love to." I said quickly. He was an attractive man, and if my having a baby by another man didn't bother him then I was going to take advantage and say yes.

"Oh, great!" he replied excitedly, all moments of anxiety and doubt, gone in a matter of seconds.

"I'll uh, call you later tonight so we can discuss the details, for sometime later this week." He replied matter-of-factly.

"Okay, I look forward to it." I nervously waved bye to him and left the room, my heart beating rapidly in my chest. What had I just agreed to? A few days ago I was kissing Malcolm, and now I was going to go on a date with Mark, after having gotten pregnant by Philip? Oh geez, I needed to get my life together, and quickly.

...

"So, how did your appointment go? Sorry I didn't go inside with you; I needed to make a phone call." Rachel said to me as we were walking outside to her car.

"Oh don't worry about it. I figured it must have been important." I paused, not knowing how to continue.

"Mark asked me out to dinner." I said quickly.

"What?! No way!" Rachel exclaimed excitedly.

"I knew it! I knew he would." She continued.

"Well, you predicted right he did ask me out. Is it weird? Going out with a man even though you're pregnant with another man's baby?" I asked her skeptically.