Vingt sept (2)

"You didn't think I would just let you go, did you? That I'd just let you live your life after you destroyed mine? I left my glamorous, beautiful life to be with you, you were everything to me, and then one day you decided you didn't want me anymore?" His voice cracked slightly at the end, and he looked at Philip with a crazed expression on his face. Philip's heart began to beat rapidly in his chest. What the hell was going on? He was so confused and extremely uncomfortable with the display that was happening before him. The walls of the abandoned building were closing in on him. Why would Michael be behind all of this? What did he have to gain from it?

"Do you know how that felt? To feel like your whole world had been ripped apart? Like everything you once knew, was all gone? Do you know what that felt like for me? You moved on from me like nothing, and I watched it all happen. Watched every moment, with every woman you were with. Did you even shed a tear for me? Did you feel the agony I felt? Because I cried tears over you, I was in agony over you, In literal agony. I was in pain every day because of you." He said, his voice breaking. His eyes glazing over with tears.

"Um Michael, I don't know what you're talking about. If I ever let you believe that I wanted something more with you than just friendship, I'm sorry, but you're mistaken. I'm not gay. I don't have feelings for you." He said lamely. Why was Michael telling him these things? Was Michael confusing him with someone else?

"You stupid moron, do you really not know who I am? Look at me! Can you not see me?" he asked furiously. He slapped his hands to his chest angrily.

Philip looked then, truly looked at the person in front of him and nearly fainted. He stumbled slightly as his knees suddenly became weak. Were those the eyes that he remembered? The eyes that used to make his heart soar? Were those the eyes of a past love that he thought was gone forever? No, It couldn't be. There was no way. He felt bile rise to the back of his throat.

"Alyssa? But..But you're supposed to be dead?" he gasped audibly. He heard Regan gasp audibly as well. But she continued to stay silent.

"How are you alive? And a man..? What the hell is going on?" He asked confused as his heart raced double time.

"I waited for years, for you to change your mind and come back to me. But you didn't, you moved on as if I had never entered your life. I watched you every time you kissed another woman, I watched every time you held someone else's hands. I watched you caress them and hold them like you held me and it nearly destroyed me. But then one day, I decided that I had had enough and that I would pay you back. I would pay you back for everything. For everything you did to me, for every pain and hurt and heartache you caused me. I would pay you back! I would take everything from you that you held most dear, including your spawn and your whore. So, I changed my hair, I gained more weight and even did the most drastic and 'changed' my gender, just so I could be near you and follow your every move. Becoming your assistant was simple, I just paid that bimbo you had working for you off and took her place. You never even noticed because you were always in someone else's arms, distracted." She said sarcastically.

Her voice raised slightly, her eyes had a malevolent gleam to them. Philip tensed in anticipation. Then slowly Michael/Alyssa began to take off the makeup that she'd hidden behind all these years. She pulled the wig off she'd been wearing for years, off slowly, removed the silicone mask that was taped to her face. Philip stared at her in disgusted wonder. She pulled the silicone off her nose, the extra hair around her brows. She took everything off. She removed the clothes that she had on and removed the extra cloth that wrapped around her breasts to hide them, until she was standing only in a thin slip, that showed off every curve of her body that had been hidden behind layers of plastic, cloth and makeup.

"This is insane. Why did you do this? Alyssa, you knew I didn't want to get married, your mother was the one who kept trying to force that on me. You agreed that that's something we never wanted for us." He said desperately.