ᴄʜ. xxᴠ

As days passed by, all Jiwon could do was go on search parties with the knights, but no such luck. They went to knock on all the doors in the village; however, no one knew who her father was. It felt like as if he never even existed in the first place. "Captain Jiwon, I think you should head back to the castle. We will keep searching in your place." A knight came to her aid as she sat down on a pile of bricks.

"No. I can't leave you all doing the work alone. He's my father, so I have to look for him." She shakes her head to get the dizziness away and stands up. Only to fall back down, being caught by the knight.

"Miss Jiwon!- Help me take her to the castle!" The knight picked her up as they brought his horse to him. They all helped him with getting on the horse while they were hoisting up Jiwon. Once Jiwon was safely secured in the horse, the knight immediately took her straight to the castle to go see a doctor.

Jiwon stirred in her sleep and mumbled, "Take me back. I want to keep searching for my father." The knight shakes his head in disagreement.

"No, I will not. You have to see a doctor. You look more paler than before." He stated while making the horse go faster. Jiwon felt sick to her stomach and began to cry again. All she wanted to do was to find her father and apologize to him. She felt like she has been a bad daughter ever since her village went down in flames.

The knight felt bad for her. He didn't know how to comfort her, so all he did was hug her with one arm. As the castle finally came into view, he hurried the horse more. "HIYA! HURRY!" He screamed to the horse as the knight felt Jiwon's body go limp once again. She wasn't moving and he didn't know if she was breathing.

He saw the other guards by the door and yelled, "HURRY! HELP ME! GO GET A DOCTOR! THE NAVY CAPTAIN HAS COLLAPSED!" The guards got alerted immediately and ran towards different directions. Some going inside the castle to find a doctor, and the rest went ahead to get Jiwon out safely from the horse. Everyone in the castle heard what happened in less than a few seconds.

The news has reached the king and queen who were having tea in the study room. "What do mean that brat collapsed?!" The king laid his cup of tea back on the plate as he stood up immediately.

"Just as you heard your highness. Miss Jiwon collapsed in the middle of searching for her father. The knight brought her to the infirmary immediately." The king walked away from the room to go see what all the commotion was about; meanwhile, the queen took her time to finish her tea.

It's not like she's my daughter anyways. She could die for all I care.

A scoff left her lips as she stood up and went to go follow her husband to the infirmary. As they both got there they saw Jiwon laying there with pale lips, as if she's about to die. "Your majesties, welcome. As you can see I am treating miss Jiwon." He bowed and kept rushing to treat her.

"Yes, thank you for your hard work." The king whispered as he saw the girl laying there half way dead.

I can't believe she fainted in the middle of a mission, why now of all times? She never fainted before.

__________

Days later, Jiwons' coronation was here. All that the king could do was worry about the situation from Jiwons' father. There still hasn't been a single clue about him, it's as if he sunk to the very bottom of the ocean. "My king, please be ready to enter the throne room. The priest is waiting." The guard told him, as the king snapped out of his thoughts.

"Alright. Where's my queen?" He looked around and the queen had entered the hallway in her long cape and white puffy dress. "You look stunning darling." The king softly smiled at his wife as she smiled and bowed.

"Thank you. You look dashing yourself." The queen complimented back. Both of them were wearing white, meanwhile the guards gave them the signal that it was their time to enter. The king took hold of his wife's hand and walked in the throne room with many different people sitting or standing, clapping their hands when they both entered.

As they took their respective seats in the thrones, the announcer then proceeded to say more words. "In honor of the priest and your majesties, I present to you all- Park Jiwon! Our soon to be queen." Everyone in the room clapped and shouted when she entered the room with a beautiful royal blue dress that sparkled like the night sky, as her white cape covered her shoulders.

Her hair was half-up and half-down, it was simple yet gorgeous. The makeup was a natural style, and glitter adorned her cheeks and hair. She looked like a celestial being that came to earth. All eyes were on her as she smiled softly at people who gave her greetings.

Jiwon finally made her way up to the stage and bowed at the priest, "I, Park Jiwon, am ready to accept my position as queen. In front of god, the priest, the queen and king, and my people, I am proud to say that I will take responsibility to run this kingdom." She made her vow as the priest nodded and asked her to stand up straight.

"May God bless you with a good life. Everyone in this room will be a witness of your promises that you will make to this kingdom and for the future generations." He prayed as everyone nodded and felt excited that she was going to take over the kingdom. "Can the queen and king stand on each side of Park Jiwon?" The priest turned to look at them both as they stood up and walked towards Jiwon.

They stood on each side of her as the priest reached to the back of him to grab the newest crown made just for Jiwon. "We will now do an exchanging of crowns." Two people came up to the priest and stood there holding red velvet cushions to keep the crowns safe.

The priest took the kings' crown first and said a few words before showing it to everyone. He placed the crown on top of Jiwon's head and asked her to turn around and show everyone. When she turned around everybody clapped their hands and cheered.

A loud noise came from the other side of the door and painful screams came from outside. Everybody in the room widen their eyes at the sounds as the guards made their way to the doors and kept them secured. "What is happening?!" The king asked as a person looked out the window.

The male gasped and jumped back from the view outside. "A massacre happened outsi-" He didn't finish his words when the window shattered and a bullet passed through his head. Everyone screamed in fear as the guards took the priest and the queen into hiding behind the thrones.

"Oh deary, I've made a mess." A familiar voice was heard and Jiwon looked at the person covered in all black clothing. A mask covering their face as well. The figure stepped on the dead mans body and the figure hissed in disgust. "Disgusting shit- Anywho, I've came to congratulate Jiwon on her coronation. Oh wait, she isn't fully crowned yet, correct?" The person asked the people who were standing right next to them as they all shake in fear.

_________________________________________________

hehehe, guess who finally finished her first semester of college 👀 i did!!

n e ways, here's this chapter! 1 or 2 more chapters to go before it officially finishes. i hope you guys can guess who is the person that broke in through the window heh. its been very fun to write this book and i hope you all keep liking it!!

byebye! see you next update ;)