ᴄʜ. xɪ

[Ateez pov]

"Captain, we're here" Yunho stated and pointed to the small entrance of the cave, Hongjoong began leading them inside the cave without knowing where he was going. As if a force was pulling him in, "Captain I'm here!" Mingi waved and they turned to look at him, his eye was glowing orange and Hongjoong immediately grabbed an eyepatch from his bag and threw it at him.

"What's this for?" Mingi examined it, "Cover your eye. Its glowing orange and if a person sees it then most likely they will die." Hongjoong explained to him while looking at the cave full of crystals. "H-huh?" Mingi looked at him weirdly, after what he said to him he thought that his captain mayhaps hit his head in a tree or something, but then he looked at the rest and they saw them wearing it. Mingi gave in and put it on without another word.

"So these crystals. They resemble something that I know of" Hongjoong took out his book and fliped through the pages. "Captain? I think you mean this." Yeosang handed the scroll to him and Hongjoong widen his eye. The rest of the members looked at each other with curiosity, "What are you guys talking about?" Seonghwa asked. "I'll explain everything when we get back to the ship, for now just gather supplies that you need. Especially the fruit for Wooyoung's cocktail." Hongjoong unrolled the scroll and Yeosang stood besides him while looking at the crystals.

"Sure captain, if anything happens just shout and we'll come back running" San stated as he left the cave with the rest them, leaving Yeosang with the captain. "Could it be?" He asked Yeosang, "Well from the looks of it- it is. Do you have the shreads of the mirror?" Yeosang asked as the captain pulled out the small bag from his satchel.

"Here. Now what?" Hongjoong stated, "We need to figure out which piece goes where." Yeosang stated as he sat on the floor and tried to figure out the puzzle piece that Hongjoong saw. "By the way. How'd you get these?" Yeosang asked him while rearranging the shards.

"Well- one day I was in the bar while we were in an island and this man sat next to me. I really didn't pay attention since I was drinking by myself, he was covered by black from head to toe, so I thought he was like a criminal. Yet he tapped my shoulder and I looked at him. He said- "Here. Don't lose these" and just left, when I saw what he gave me I was shocked." Hongjoong said as he smirked.

"Now I'm kind of glad I didn't leave them behind, I wonder why he gave that to me though?" Hongjoong wondered by himself. As Yeosang kept hearing his rant he tried to figure out where the last piece was. "Captain, there's only one piece missing." He turned to look at a baffled man, until he gasped, "Ah yeah i forgot to tell you that there was a piece missing but- I don't know where it is" He asserted as Yeosang sighed softly.

"Well, we can come back later and try to find the glass on the ship. For now let's go back and give Wooyoung what he wanted." Yeosang gathered the shreds and placed them on the bag, he tied the bag and gave it back to his captain, as they were leaving they heard a splash. Hongjoong turned around quickly and he saw a mermaid there. "The hell? They e-"

The "mermaid" started singing, and that's when Yeosang covered his ears and so did Hongjoong. It was a Siren. "Let's go!" Mouthed Yeosang as Hongjoong shook his head, instead he approached the siren slolwy, "ARE YOU CRAZY?!" Yeosang screamed, his hands were still in his ears. As Hongjoong approaches closer the Siren shrieks and goes underwater, splashing the water on Hongjoong with her tail. The singing stopped and they uncovered their ears.

"WAIT! DON'T GO! WE NEED YOUR HELP!" Hongjoong screamed, the glistening scales of her body stopped moving in the water. "We need to find a thing, and we don't know where to find it. Help us." He said, the siren just stayed still and Hongjoong decided to use the polite words in front of a crew member. "Please. Please help us." Hongjoong pleaded, it was Yeosang's first time hearing his captain using those words, and he actually meant them.

The siren slowly raised up her head through the water and looked at him with a glare. Yeosang covered his ears again, but this time the siren didn't sing. "A pirate sayings the word "please" is so rare to find, is this thing- important to you?" She asked as she swam closer to him, Hongjoong crouched down to see her eye level. Yeosang was astonished by how beautiful she was, and her scales were glowing in the clear ocean water. "Yes. It is, so- do you think you could help me?" He smirked.

"Depends, what's in it for me?" She smiled slyly. "Depends if you help me out." He shrugged as she raised an eyebrow. The siren stayed silent and looked at Yeosang, the smaller just averted his eyes to the ceiling and the siren smirked. "Deal. I'll help you out." She said.

"A deal it is, what's your name?" He asked.

"Sunmi, and you?" She asked.

"Hongjoong, just call me captain." He chuckled softly.
______________

[Everglow pov]

The storm was still going on and in the infirmary room Mia was shocked as she saw a mermaid under the treasure chest. "WHAT THE HELL?!" She screamed as Yiren got alerted quickly, "DON'T SCARE HER! SHE'S HARMLESS!" She said and looked at the girl around their age, she only had a light green cloth around her body.

"WHO ARE YOU?! YIREN EXPLAIN!" Mia turned to the youngest as she looked at Onda and back to Mia again. "Don't tell the captain please. She's a mermaid, she kept talking to me without you guys knowing. I didn't believe what she was saying so I bought her up here, she's nice." Yiren helped the poor scared girl up and sat her down on the bed next to her. "I'm sorry, are you okay?" Yiren asked as the girl nodded slolwy, "They're nice. They're my friends." She told her.

The mermaid looked at Mia and Onda, she smiled at them and Mia felt sorry for screaming at her, "I'm sorry for screaming at you." She had gotten up the floor and sat on the other bed in the infirmary room. "I-It's okay, I understand why you'll scream. It's not normal to see a mermaid in your ship." She giggled and the girls smiled at her. "That's true, but can we ask why you're here?"

Yiren and the both girls turned to the mermaid, waiting for the response. "Ah to sum it all up Yiren is part human and part mermaid, her mother is the queen of our kingdom and her father was killed in a boat accident by a siren. We found out that Yiren was back to this area because her mother gave her a necklace that let's us track her down when she's near by. Just a few weeks ago her mother set out on a journey to find some type of spell to bring back the dead, but she never returned until a fellow sea creature found us and said that she was captured by a pirate. So we started searching for Yiren, luckily we found her, and I gave her the power for she can hear us." The mermaid told them.

Both of them were just as shocked as Yiren, "It's crazy right? But right now I can hear a few mermaids beside this boat talking about me." Yiren stated while the mermaid next to her nodded to her statement. "So- Yiren is- a mermaid?" Mia raised her eyebrow questioning her. "Part mermaid."

Onda just nodded slowly and walked up to the both of them and checked their temperatures with her hand, "Are you guys running a fever? Or did you hit yourselves in the head?" Onda asked. Yiren slapped her hand away from her forehead, "Uhm, no we're telling the truth." Yiren told her.

The mermaid got up and went by the window and pointed down, "Look. The storm is coming down hard but us mermaids aren't affected by it, look down below and you'll see the people who followed me here." She pointed to the water and both girls went to the window and looked below. Down below was a shiny glow that came from the few scales that covered the person, a tail raised up high and waved. After a few seconds a few other bodies came out the water and started waving softly at Mia and Onda. "We- how is this-"

"Oh you guys only discovered the sea from the surface. You never go deeper then that. There is a whole world waiting to be discovered." The mermaid smiled at them as Yiren followed her actions and grabbed her necklace. "I believe in mermaids and other stuff. I want to help save my mother from that pirate that kidnapped her, I just don't know who it is." She asserted softly.

"Well we have to tell the captain that first." Onda smiled at both of them, "What do you say Mia?" She questions her, but she agreed by nodding her head in agreement.

_________
Hehee im donee ;)