ᴄʜ.xᴠ

(italicized= past)

In the morning the sun was covered by small puffy clouds, but the humidity made them sweat a lot. Wooyoung took in a deep breath in and decided to go back to cells where the mermaid was probably sleeping. It roughly around six or seven in the morning and hardly anyone was awake at that time, which was perfect to go sneak down to the cells without getting questioned.

While he walked down the stairs he thought of what he should say to her again. She looked a bit older then him so he always talked to her politely, but when she goes haywire and starts thrashing around he has to quiet her down again. Wooyoung felt absolutely bad because he didn't want to harm her.

Do I tell her about how I found her? Or I should say to her about her breakfast menu for today?

While he got closer the smell of the sea kept getting stronger then usual. "Miss? Can you please let me talk to you? I really want you to understand something. Ple- Oh god." He stopped talking when he saw her flopping again, she needed more water.

Quickly, Wooyoung went to the bucket and filled it up with water quickly and opened the cell door. He splashed her quickly and she revived back to life. The mermaid looked around and spotted a worried guy close to her.

She inched back to the wall and let out sad cries.

"H-hey, I'm not going to hurt you, I promise. I just gave you water that's all. I'll be on the other side of the door right now." He walked out of the cell and closed the door and took steps back from the door and left the bucket on the floor. The mermaid stopped squirming and Wooyoung spoke up again.

"Look, I came here because I wanted to explain what happened that night. Please let me explain. I don't want you to see me as the bad guy here." Wooyoung softly spoke while sitting down on the ground and played with his fingers, the mermaid looked at him up and down and just rattled her chains. He quickly looked up and she nodded.

"Thank you Miss. Well here goes nothing- I was walking back to my ship before we set sail that night, I had came from the canteen and I saw a person walking out of a different ship. I was going to ignore it, but then i saw the most beautiful necklace in their hand, they were holding it up in the air as they walked closer to the edge of the port."

The person standing there was dressed in a black cloak and then a tall person came to join them, Wooyoung couldn't quite see them since there was barely any lights around. The smaller person kept the necklace in the air until Wooyoung saw something glowing in the waters. He inched closer and hid behind some barrels.

It was the most beautiful creature he had ever seen, it was a mermaid. She was wearing a smile on her face as the small person crouched down. Wooyoung blinked and he heard a few spoken words from the mermaid. He glared at the taller person as it took out a long stick and ropes from under the cloak.

Wooyoung widen his eyes as he knew what they were going to do to the mermaid. The mermaid gasped, but before she could ran away, the person grabbed her arm and tried pulling her in to the port.

Water was splashing everywhere as the mermaid was trying to get away from them, but the tall one immediately raised the stick and knocked her out immediately. Without hesitation Wooyoung ran towards them while they bought her up to her port and tied her hands together. He bumped into the taller one and threw him into the ocean and kicked the other one off too.

"Who the hell are you?!" The tall person screamed, once again Wooyoung couldn't see their faces, but he still responded.

"I am Wooyoung and i'm going to take her away from you killers." He growled at them and carried the mermaid in his arms as he ran away with an injured mermaid. The two people were so angry that their plan was ruined by this Wooyoung guy.

"That's what happened that night. I had bought you in here to cure your injuries and I let you sleep here since I didn't want to disturb the others at night, but then when you woke up you were making so much noise so I had to shackle you and put something in your mouth so you wouldn't create a ruckus. Please forgive me for chaining you up like this." He looked at her and her face was sad.

Her tears were like shinny pearls, rolling down her face. It was the most beautiful tears he had ever seen. Wooyoung was shocked that she was crying all of a sudden, he let out a sigh and stood up again. He opened the cell door and walked back inside.

Wooyoung took off her towel from her mouth and she mouthed "I'm sorry." She was lost at words as she kept crying. He felt bad for her so the only thing he could do was just pat her head softly.

"It's fine, If I were in your position I would do the same thing, especially if I didn't remember everything that happened that night. Don't cry please." He reassured her and she just nodded softly while holding her head back trying to stop the tears from coming down. "If you want I can let you free from the chains, but you'll have to stay here in the cell until we arrive on dry land so I can set you free into the ocean. Under one condition." He raised a finger up in the air and she nodded.

"Please don't make any noise or threaten to kill us afterwards." He asked.

"I won't. I'm sorry and thank you for helping me." She spoke softly at him. He grabbed the key from inside his shirt and unlocked her chains, it left small bruises in her hand and she winced a little from the pain. "C-could please feed me and cure my hands again, please?" She asked him.

"Of course, that was another thing I was going to tell you. What would you like to eat? I could prepare it for you if you'd like, and I'll also get the aid kit to heal your wrists." Wooyoung smiled brightly at her as she pursed her lips together and thought about what kind of human food she wanted to eat next.

"Could I eat meat? I remember my husband giving me some, but the taste sadly left my mouth and I would like to remember what it taste like again." After almost two or three weeks she finally spoke more then a sentence, which made Wooyoung happy that she understood him.

"Of course, and would you mind me asking you what's your name?" He questions her as she shakes her head.

"I don't mind. I owe you for you humbleness and your caring ways, so answering this simple question wouldn't bother me."

"Alright. What's your name ma'am?" Wooyoung asked again as he stood up and closed the cell door softly.

"Names Anath."