ᴄʜ. ᴠɪɪɪ

Onda finally spoke up and yelled, "What do you mean?! You also think the King and Queen are bad?! Yiren they have helped you so much and they have taken you in! Your family was killed by pirates! Why are-"

"Yes my parents were killed by pirates, but those weren't my real family, before my adoptive parents died they told me that they raised me, my real parents are somewhere else. The king and queen have been really helpful towards me and I'm grateful for taking me in and putting me somewhere where I'm useful, but i said that because I finished deciphering the letter-"

"Read it to us when I get the rest! Hold on!" Sihyeon had stood up and left the cabin, Onda was sitting quietly in her chair feeling bad about what she told Yiren. "You don't have to feel bad Onda. I'll tell you everything that happens soon alright?" Yiren smiled at her as she looked up with a sad expression.

"I'm still sorry I bought your parents into this, I knew it was wrong but my mouth is faster then my brain" she looked at her hands and Yiren sighed. It was quiet in the cabin, the boat was rocking slightly due to the waves hitting the boat. It took a while until Onda processed what Yiren said, "Wait. What will happen soon?" She questioned Yiren.

"You'll see, just stay put and don't say nothing." Yiren told her as Onda raised an eyebrow, she was clueless. In just that moment the girls came in the room and Jiwon looked at Yiren. "Sihyeon told me that you deciphered the letter. Can you read it to us?" She stated as Yiren nodded, she took a deep breath and began reading.

Dear Navy crew,

If you get this letter from my dearest wife then it means that something happened to me. Most likely death. I'm here to warn you about the mission that the king told me about. He said it was a dangerous mission right?

He lied.

Yiren stopped reading and looked at everyone, "I'm done" she stated and placed the paper on the desk. "What? What do you mean you're done? Was that all?" Jiwon grabbed the paper off the desk and began reading it herself.

"Mhm. That's all that he wrote, I think he got cut off because the ink on the paper smeared. Look" She handed the coded letter to her and the ink was smudged everywhere in the letter. Jiwon examined it and then she looked up at everyone with wide eyes, "I don't think he decided to cut it off. Someone must've came into his room and he got interrupted, I have a feeling it's the pirates that interrupted him"

Everyone looked at her with a questioning look as Jiwon slammed the letter down on the desk. "Remember when we went to go see Augustin to tell him about the mission? That same day we saw him writting something and he hid it, then he asked about the pirates and after we left the pirates had broken in! What if it was the pirates who actually killed him!" Jiwon raged in anger.

"That's true! We saw him hide something under the stack of papers. Maybe they visited him before we came inside, that's why he looked different" Jiwon stated and the rest of the girls realized what she was saying. They knew something was wrong with him when they saw him that day, "You're right," Yiren stated as she looked at everyone, "I asked him if he was fine but of course he said that he was okay." She stated.

Everyone agreed and Aisha spoke up, "Now that I remember he told me that he was going to be with his family a few days before we met him in his office. Maybe that's when he gave the unfinished letter to his wife" She stated as the captain sighed in anger and said, "We need to capture those filthy pirates before they do more harm. I need to have the head of the captain in my hands" Jiwon stated and left the room and before the door closed Onda saw that she took out her sword.

"I'm going to rest more guys, I feel- light headed." Yiren coughed and Mia looked at her worriedly, "Alright Yi. We'll go do our duties, one of us will bring you supper later on alright?" She said calmly as the youngest nodded and walked slowly to her bed. The rest of them scattered out of the room and closed the door.

Yiren stopped and walked back to the window, popping her head out of the window and took in deep breaths. She couldn't believe what she heard. She took out a slip of paper from her pocket and opened it, it was the other half of the letter, but it was blank. The only letters that it was on the top left corner that read:

Look carefully

She wondered what it meant, did she have to do something specific or was it a riddle? She didn't know what it meant, she didn't tell no one about it. Yiren took her hands out and stared at it at the light, but the thing is that the code was appearing in front of her. A few streaks of light came through the paper and she realized that the light came from the small tiny holes that were in the paper.

She gasped and immediately closed the window along with the curtain and tired making the room more darker. Yiren locked the door immediately and turned on a candle and hold the paper near the light, she took out another piece of paper and began writting everything that she saw. It was starting to make more sense each time she wrote the words.

As she finished she quickly turned off the candle and opened the curtain, letting the light in. She stared at it, should I tell the others? She wondered, Yiren shook her head and folded the piece of paper again.

Come here... we want to talk Yiren

She sighed and stayed in her place, she didn't want to get up again.

Yiren please, we want to give you the gift we've been talking about.

Yiren tucked the paper into her pocket and walked back to the window, she looked down to the water and saw shadows there. "What do you want now?" She asked, out of nowhere a spalsh of water hit her hard which made her unconscious and also made the boat rock with the sudden hit. Yiren laid in the floor without knowing what her gift was.

____________

So uhm... that just happened... ^^

Ehehe I love doing plot twists, what do you think the other part of the letter said?

Who was that voice talking to Yiren?

I hope this made you anxious 😉 till next time!