ᴄʜ. xᴠɪ

Last night Yiren and Lea were so into the conversation that they had forgotten all about the prophecy. It was morning now and the crew has just started piling in to the kitchen to get their breakfast and went to the cafeteria. It wasn't as loud as it was last night due to a few of them chugging down gallons of beer. "Good morning Lea. How was your first night here on the ship?" Yiren asked while she was putting up her hair in a ponytail and cleaning her face with a clean rag.

"It was fine. I actually slept well especially when the boat was rocking from side to side." She yawned while streching her arms in the air and got out of the bed.

"There's a set of clothes there for you Lea. We can share clothes while we get to another land with markets." Yiren said as Lea understood and started dressing herself. Once she was finished she did what Yiren did, she cleaned her face with a wet rag and tried tieing her hair, but she failed since she has never tied her hair with a rubber band before. "Here let me do it for you." Yiren gladly helped her out.

Lea nodded her head and let Yiren tie her hair up. Her hair was long, black and silky since it's been in water for a long time. Some parts were damaged but somehow it was still manageable to take care of. As she finished they both smiled at each other and went to go get breakfast. As they were going to the kitchen they saw Jiwon standing there with her gear on.

Aisha, Mia and the captain were walking down the rail to step on the port. "Captain? Aisha? Mia? Where are you guys going?" Yiren asked as they turned around and smiled softly at the two girls.

"We're going to do a search on the Island to see if the pirates have landed on this island or they went to the other island." Aisha responded back with a grin, truth be told that she also wanted to go on a hunt for these pirates and finally finish them off once in for all.

"Okay please be careful, we're going to stay here to keep an eye on the boat." Lea proudly stated as Jiwon smiled at her and so did Mia. They waved goodbye and started walking down the rail. Lea and Yiren went to the kitchen after they have seen the three girls entering the island's jungle.

Mia was cutting off the large branches out of her way along with the bushes and large leaves. Aisha and Jiwon were doing the same but on both sides and left a trail of tied red ribbons on the broken branches to know their way back to their ship. All they heard were birds chirping and insects buzzing around, nothing out of the unusual. They were quiet along the way.

Until they saw an open path going from left to right. "Captain. We found a path, do you think that someone was here or is someone living here?" Mia said and she looked at the ground but she didn't see any recent footprints here.

"Let's go to the right and see if we can find anything, if we don't find anything then we will head the opposite direction. Don't forget to mark the paths alright?" Jiwon turned to the right and began walking down the pathway. Both of the girls began following her.

___________________________________

[Ateez pov]

"Yeosang? Are you almost done searching, we can come back later." Hongjoong said as the rest of the boys were all trying to occupy themselves from being bored in the cave. Seonghwa was sitting down by the large crystal near the shore, he was throwing stones trying to make them skip. San and Yunho were both on the top of the cave trying to see if they could somehow reach the other side where the object was.

Wooyoung, Mingi and Jongho were all admiring the beauty of the cave and how beautiful the crystals were glowing in different colors again, they looked at their eyes and back to their respective crystals. They were different shapes and sizes but they all knew that these crystals were worth so much.

A beautiful singing was heard and all the boys immediately covered their ears and Hongjoong sighed. "Sunmi! It's us Hongjoong and Yeosang again! Please don't sing!" He yelled as he got closer to the water and she stopped, she came to the surface and Seonghwa was so amazed that he fell into the water trying to see her tail.

Wooyoung widen his eyes and stopped moving. He got all nervous when he saw another mermaid there, he didn't want to be punished or be portrayed as the bad guy here. He slowly hid behind Mingi and completely ignored eye contact with the mermaid.

"Guys, this is the merma-"

"I'm a siren captain. There's a difference between us, but the sirens and mermaids still get along well." She stated bluntly, Seonghwa got up on his feet and groaned when he started feeling cold after falling into the water. Yeosang and San both snickered at the older as he gave them a glare.

"Ah yes, my bad. Her name is Sunmi, Yeosang and me meet her yesterday after the rest of you guys left. We asked her for help to keep on a look out for the missing glass piece and we will also help her find a queen." Hongjoong told his crew as they all waved at her and admired her tail waving back.

"Yes. The queen I'm looking for is missing and I'm trying to find her, so if you find her while you guys are in your journey then please let me know. I have brought back this shell. You can blow it through here and I'll come looking for you once you've found the queen." With those words Wooyoung gulped harshly and spoke up.

"Seonghwa. How about we go change your clothes. We were gonna leave anyways." He stated awkwardly as they all looked at him, luckily his hair was growing so it covered his red ears. The siren had a poker face and slowly swam to where Seonghwa was standing at.

She reached for the shell and raised it up. "Take this with you if you're going back to the ship. Make sure to hide it in a safe place where no one besides you guys can find it alright?" Seonghwa nodded and Wooyoung shifted in his place uncomfortably, he just nodded and started walking to the exit of the cave again. Seonghwa waved goodbye and went to catch up with Wooyoung.

He didn't question Wooyoung's weird behavior back in the cave since he was freezing cold. It was all quiet until they heard shuffling of feet and leaves along with heavy breathing. They widen their eyes and turned back around and ran to the cave.

________________

A/n:: owo it's getting better and better ;) can't wait to show you guys the rising climax in the next 2 or 3 chapters. I wonder what will happen 👀