Two Hearts Beat as One

Edited for a little bit of extra spiciness!

Trevor and Sypha didn't return for the rest of the night, as if they knew we needed privacy figuring out our now confirmed feelings and how we'd progress with them. This was new territory for both of us. " I don't understand why I am so afraid." I confessed bashfully. "I infiltrated a fortress of dark wizards and was almost killed by a Forgemaster yet that pales to the fear gripping me now."

"It's all right." Alucard took my hand, stroking my cheek with the other. "It's normal to feel afraid. Love can be a scary thing and we are both in uncharted territory."

"You've never been in love before?"

"No." Alucard responded. "I've felt and experienced lust , but that is not the same. You are different."

"So have I. When I was with the Speakers I got really close to one of them, but I didn't understand what that was. I was still getting used to myself and my own body." I tried figuring a way to ask this. "Have you....ever acted on those feelings?"

"Yes." He answered, and a darkness casted across his eyes. "But, it ended in betrayal and death, and I'd rather put such a dark memory behind me."

"I'm sorry!!" I apologized. "I never should've brought it up!"

"No! Don't apologize!" Alucard assured me. "What I will say is that I will never pressure you and should you want that from me, I will be as tender and gentle with you more than any lover. I will never overstep my bound. I love you, my angel. I love you will every fiber of my body and soul. I will never harm you."

I felt my heart melt with a happiness I've never before felt. "I love you, Adrian Tepes. DAMN! It feels so good actually saying that to you out loud!" Alucard's mirthful laugh only lifted my spirits higher. "Perhaps you really were sent from above to watch over me."

"I don't doubt it." I laughed along with him. We nuzzled each other which turned into another passionate kiss. Part of me worried I was going overboard, but he had no qualms, kissing me with equal passion before feeling his lips travel down my jawline and neck, peppering the glyphs on my shoulders. My skin pricked, but there was no pain in these vampire bites.

Alucard stopped immediately when I flinched from a particularly sharp bite that drew minor blood. If this is going where I'm feeling it's going, that won't be the only blood shed from me.

"Forgive me."

"It's all right." I blushed. "I rather like that. They've been itching me y'know."

"Where?"

"Here." I pulled the gown down exposing my shoulders and collarbone, pointing to the etched glyphs. Alucard went to it without question. Holy shit. I gritted my teeth, holding back a groan. Alucard's teeth dug into my skin without breaking it. "Better?" He asked in his soothing voice. I felt my body set alight an not from the glyphs. "Yes. Much better." I flushed. "My legs are also itchy."

"Are they now?"

"Yes."

Alucard gave an amused glance, lowering himself letting his lips travel up my leg, tracing over the glyph. I gripped the bedsheets with a fiery pulse swelling in my chest. A restless sensation I've felt before in short spurts but now burst forth like a fireball inside me, setting my skin prickling from the touch of his teeth against my glyphs. What the hell is going on with me? Alucard lifted my gown, revealing my hip and part of my belly, the front part still covering my nether area that had the weirdest feeling. Said feeling escalated when he kissed enviously the runes up my belly and torso. I shuddered when he gripped both my hips with his clawed hands. His body bushed against mine, and when felt the bulge against my groin I startled and immediately pushed my hand against his chest.

That's all it took for him to stop.

We stared each other a few more minuets, my body buzzing and my brain fizzling trying to understand what I felt. "It's all right." He whispered, leaning off me. "I will not. All you need is to tell me to stop."

"It's okay." I paused, breathing heavily. "I just don't know what this is. I feel so weird." He smirked when I described it to him. "You're feeling lust, my darling. It is completely human to feel that, and completely human not to."

"That's what it is? I've never felt it that strongly before. Jeez, no wonder people have killed over it." I whistled. "It's not a bad feeling."

Alucard chuckled. "It is not."

I sighed and laid on the bed next to him. "Alucard?"

"Yes?"

"I want to stay with you tonight, and every night afterwards."

"Then we shall." He slowly moved himself out of the bed. "Hey where are you going?" I said startled. "To bed." Alucard responded. "Our bed."

"You can't walk all the way up to my bedroom!" I exclaimed. "You can barely get yourself out of bed! Besides Trevor and Sypha will wonder where we are."

"I informed them we might move to our quarters. I'd rather recuperate in the comfort of our own room, the bed smells sickly sweat and poison." He gave an intrigued look. "Take my hand and focus only into my eyes."

I took Alucard's hand "I have no idea what you are-" The world flashed and we now sat on my bed. "What the hell?" I said dazed, feeling disoriented. "What just happened!? How did we-!?" "I brought us to your room." Alucard said. "Breath and focus only on my eyes. Don't look around the room or you will get nauseous. My mother couldn't appreciate the ancient apothecary father surprised her with because she vomited right after he teleported them. She looked around. You won't. In a few moments it will pass."

Focusing solely on the eyes of my beloved wasn't a challenge at all, and he was right; In a few moments my equilibrium returned and the dizziness passed. "I was unaware vampires could teleport. You never cease to amaze me."

"I try." Alucard pecked my cheek before crashing onto the bed. "I think I might've overdone it."

"No kidding. You look like you're about to conk out on me." I pulled the covers over him and settled in to bed with him. Alucard pulled me into his embrace. The strange feeling stirred all over my body when I was pressed against his bare chest, his heart thundering against my ear. A heartbeat I feared I'd never hear again.

"You are very warm." His voice hummed. "And you're cold." I shivered. "Either you're feverish or your vampire genes are kicking in. In fact I might just..."

He knew it rolled the gown off my shoulders. So his skin touched mine, and he felt my heart beat vigorously against his. "No need to worry, my darling." He wrapped his great arms around me. "I will not be cold tonight, or any night afterwards."

"We've done this for a long time." I remarked. "Ever since the blood moon incident I was afraid to sleep alone. The nightmares of my past do no favors either."

"I never minded it then, and I do not mind it now." Alucard responded in almost a whisper. "I am tired of being alone." I nestled onto his chest, listening to the soothing rise of fall of his breathing, the steady pulse of his heart. I was just happy with this, just being with him, with our bodies pressed against each other and our hearts beating the same rhythm. It was more than I could ever imagine and more I could've asked for.

"I often dream of flying among the heavens." I gazed at the shining moon and stars from the window. "There were always shapes of light with flashing wings beside me. I wonder if they were my family. If they are watching me from beyond those stars?"

"Who's to say?" Alucard stroked my hair before tracing the runes down the length of my back. "I do not want them to take you. My guardian angel."

"I'm not going anywhere." I snuggled into his arms. "My place is with you now."

He answered with a kiss on my cheek as we both settled in as fell under a peaceful sleep.