Galea

I woke up when first light of dawn pierced the curtains. "Alucard." I nudged him. "Alucard get up."

The vampire stirred beside me groaning like a sleeping giant, his chest rose and fell in the light's shadow. "Good morning my darling." He reached out and caressed my hair. "Good morning." I responded antsy. "It's time to get ready."

Alucard moaned, covering his forehead with his hand. "Just a few more minutes, dear. The sun has only risen." I nudged again. "You promised you'd go with me at first light. Get up or we'll miss the chance."

"The Lumina Flowers are not going anywhere." Alucard closed his eyes. "They will remain if we don't venture out immediately."

"They'll close their petals once the dawning light has eased." I persisted. "Come on, you promised."

"I did." Alucard smirked. "Don't be in such a rush to greet the world. A few moments won't change anything." He continued to ignore me even when I started pushing him with my hands and feet. "Try as you might, little one, you will not move me ."

"Oh yeah? You'll think differently once I crush the air out of your lungs." I lay the entire weight of my body on top of him.

Alucard chuckled and his bare chest rumbled beneath me. "Such a terrible fate! To be smothered by an angel." He wrapped his arms around me, locking me in.

"Hey stop that! Come on Alucard you know I'm ticklish!!" I laughed struggling to escape his  vampire kisses.  "Alucard we don't have time! The flowers close an hour after first light and then I won't be able to extract their nectar until the next full moon. Please!"

"All right." Alucard finally conceded, sitting up. I quickly packed a basket of breakfast and extra vials to collect the nectar, walking briskly to the Belmont Hold, where a patch of magic Lumina flowers glowed faintly blue. "Perfect. Still time!" I sat on my knees and meticulously. poured the nectar of the  gourd flowers into large vials.

Alucard kept watch, gazing forlornly at the Belmont hold and surrounding woods. "I'm surprised you wanted to be up this early. You're not a morning person." He yawned baring his fangs like a lion. "We could've come here yesterday but somebody doesn't want me outside the castle at night."

"It's too dangerous." Alucard countered gruffly. "The night creatures are most active during that time, especially on a full moon."

"The full moon is when these flowers open their gourds to pollinate, and it's the only chance you can collect their nectar, which by the way, has properties that can boost magic potency when made into an elixir."

"It is too risky even for that chance."

"Alucard, the Belmont Hold's not even a ten minute walk from the castle. What's gonna happen in a short span of time? Hellbats swoop down and steal me away like a pack of rabid flying monkeys? Any night creature stupid enough to attack us  will get  vaporized  for their troubles."

"We've spoken about this." Alucard growled my name. "It's not that you are incapable of defending yourself. It's the risk if one night creature escapes and tells its horde that an angel walks among them. Not just any angel, a Watcher recovering her powers and the progenitor of the Belmont Clan.  You'll be their biggest threat , and it'll be more than Hellbats swarming down."

"Night creatures aren't that smart, most are simple beasts."

"Your Librarian friend is not, and there are many like him plaguing the lands who are not as amiable. They most certainly will attempt to kill you once they sense what you are inside your human flesh, if not reveal your existence to their masters ." Alucard countered.