The Guardian of Belmont

Are those..?" Sypha placed her hand on her mouth. All eyes in the newfound village cast to the heavens in amazement.

Out from the Infinite Corridor, shimmering lights streaked across the skies like comets among the cosmos. Their feathers dazzled the air with each wingbeat, and there were dozens of them, flying together in a great flock bathing the blue sky in golden aura wherever they coursed.

My feet trembled as I watched with emotional tears. "Mommy look!" A young girl pointed in her mother's arms. "Angels!"

They were indeed angels, although one could easily mistake them for a flock of great celestial birds. Their voices chorused in brilliant joy, rising as the only sound to our ears, singing of a triumphant return and calling for their lost sister.

Calling for me.

"It can't be." Alucard gazed at the angels alight in the sky and then to me. Trevor, now standing unsupported, watched them stunned. "Angels can't truly be destroyed. Their essences must have been released when Death was destroyed for good. Now they are free again and have taken their true shapes."

"She's not alone anymore." Alucard said in a hushed voice with great joy and heartbreak. I watch mesmerized as the angels, my brothers and sisters, swarmed  in a shimmering choir before dispersing among the golden sky, some flying through the clouds, some skirting around the castle's spires.I recognized each individual shape, every single feather and wingbeat. They were all here, and they waited for me to join them.

Alucard ran for me, shouting my name, but Trevor held him back. "No. Let her." Alucard gazed pained before I gave him a reassuring smile. My glyphs shown as bright as my brethren, and my eyes kindled with heavenly light. He stood back and nodded, watching as I spread my wings and launched into the sky.

I danced among my brethren on billowing wings, darting from one sibling to the next to meet each individual embrace, touching claws and wings in a joyful reunion. Arakial! Sariel! Baraqiel! Pennemue! You're all here!! Everyone's here oh I've missed you more than you can imagine! Wait where's our eldest? Where is..?

A great form soared over us, the air resonating with his great whistling call. A sound I haven't heard in millennia yet instilled the same love and happiness in my heart as it did long ago.

I shot towards the enormous Watcher crying his name. My eldest brother swerved away, eliciting a playful chase we'd often done in better days. We chased each other around the castle towers, darting higher and higher in the air. I dipped playfully battering my wings against his feathered shoulder and he brushed my head with his. Like a rocket he bolted upward wings pinned close to his side and feathers rippling in the air.  I followed him , copying him as we raced each other, thundering our wings, higher and higher until we were up in the atmosphere, hovering among ice and cloud. My brother then turned and soared like an eagle among the thermals.

Samyaza arched his great wings, letting me shelter under them like he'd done in times of old. One by one the rest of our siblings followed in tow, beating their wings against one another as we formed a great choir. Together, we flew towards the Door to the Corridor, and our home in the Celestial Realm.

Sariel and Penny chirped when I halted, looking at the castle down below and clutching my heart. I understand now. I told Samyaza as he turned around and hovered by me. He knew what I meant, and he was overjoyed I found someone to love as much as my own family.

Brother, I want to go home.

Samyaza bowed his head, and let me descend to the castle field, where I landed gracefully, arching and folding my wings as I approached my dearest friends. "Look at you all shining and happy." Trevor chuckled and smiled. "They're back in the world again because you've done your part, now go and enjoy the rewards."