Bonus Fun Facts

In celebration of finishing this story, here are some fun facts that didn't make it into the book. Comment on what you think!

-My name for the protagonist is Amelia. When I first started writing this story I hadn't come up with a name for her, but afterwards when I did I decided to keep the book as a reader insert so you could interpret the character with your own name and appearance.

-Angels are sexless in their true forms, but can take either male or female forms as living creatures. Some angels have a preference, some don't care. Same with gender pronouns. The only  exception is  Zaharial, who is permanently restricted to female because she carried and gave birth to a human child.

- Continuing from the above, Zaharial has taken a male form before, but she preferred the female form because 'it felt more to her liking and her vulnerable bits weren't hanging on the outside'. She remarks it's a good thing because she doubts Alucard would've fallen in love with her . Alucard responds he would have loved her the same amount in a male body as her female one .

-Angels can shapeshift into other animals. Zaharial's go to animal form was a  golden saker falcon. However, since giving birth to Valerius , it was harder for her to shift into animals other than humans, so she mostly stayed as one.

-Alucard knows Amelia sleeps with the Trevor and Sypha dolls,  he sewed them with plump arms and legs so she could better sleep with them. He thinks she's adorable when she does this.

- When alone in the Castle, Amelia sometimes gives voices to the portraits on the walls and makes up zany conversations for people within paintings.

- She'll also sing anachronistic songs in  the war  hall because of the acoustics. She doesn't know where she remembers these songs, she just sings from the heart. Her favorite songs are from ABBA, Blackmore's Night, and the Beatles. Alucard sometimes listens without her knowing. He loves her beautiful voice.

- Alucard was brought to tears listening to her rousing rendition of 'I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For', it was one of the key moments when he realized that he loved her.

-For those those of you wondering the answers to Amelia's (protagonist's 'default'name) question in 'Subtle Memory'. Lisa stayed at her house during her time of the month. Alucard was fibbing about not being affected by the scent to reassure her. It doesn't affect him as much as it would if he were a full blooded vampire, and Alucard has a lot of self control to keep from cuddling and playfully nibbling her!

-Aiden was adopted by the Lord and Lady of Castle Dracula at their wedding. Alucard came to love the boy as his own son. That love didn't diminish at the birth of his daughter.

-Amelia lowkey adopted the rest of the orphaned children before her wedding . They call her 'Mother' or 'Mother Angel', she loves it. Few of them call her their 'Guardian Angel'

-She also became the 'Angel Godmother' to Trevor and Sypha's child

- Dracula killed Zaharial's first love Aurelius in an attack on their village. Dracula was  hunting and Aurelius stood between the vampire and his prey. You never stand between a hungry predator and their food, and you especially do not attack them. Dracula, already famished and furious at this offense, mauled him without effort, drinking his blood.  Zaharial was away with her son at the time, and when she saw what happened she fought Dracula off, but it was too late. The love of her life, and the father of her child bled to death in her arms.  Zaharial was devastated, but she knew revenge wasn't an option, and sought to avenge Aurelius by caring for his final gift to her. Zaharial has no memory of this event.

- Valerius wanted revenge on his father's killer, but Zaharial forbade him from seeking it out, knowing a boy of thirteen was no match for a fallen angel-turned-vampire. He didn't listen and nearly got himself killed three years later, until Zaharial showed up and went Mama Bear mode on Dracula which ended  in a stalemate duel. "Teach your half-bred whelp to pick his  battles wisely." Dracula relented. "If he attacks me again. I will bite his throat out, Nephilim or not."

-Zaharial forgave Dracula for her mate's death after some time. He was hungry and  acting on instinct, like any desperate animal looking for food.  The two had an uneasy truce afterwards, keeping separate and away from each other's business. She didn't bother him, and he didn't bother her. They weren't on good terms, but they weren't actively trying to antagonize each other.

-a list of the worlds/references Zaharial sees in the Infinite Corridor.

1. Bayonetta
2. Aziraphale's library
3.Lyra's World from His Dark Materials (Specifically during the Golden Compass)
4. 18th Century France with Richter Belmont and Maria Renard
5. Sometime in the near future.

- The woman she saw in the Infinite Corridor was her and Alucard's daughter. Her name is Emmaline Lisa Tepes, or Emma for short.  She has her mother's inquisitive and happy nature, her father's quiet personality,  along with her grandparents' intelligence and thirst for knowledge.  She was collecting moss to find water bears when her mother espied her through the door. Alucard absolutely loves and dotes on her. Emma inherited both her parents' angelic and vampiric abilities.

-Richter Belmont and Maria Renard are both Zaharial's descendants. Richter through Trevor, Maria through Emmaline. They are distant relatives.

-Zaharial has traversed other worlds through the Infinite Corridor before losing her memory.

-One friend she made during her inter-dimensional travels was a cheerful angel that owns a bookshop in another world, and they periodically met for tea. Aziraphale was invited to her wedding (Azrael gave him the invitation) and his plus one was his ineffable demon boyfriend. (Which she warned in the invite he'd best behave himself if he brought him.)

- Alucard gives his angel 'vampire kisses' when they're cuddled together. He can't help it. She doesn't mind. The only downside are his nibbles are ticklish!

What do you think about these fun facts?  Thanks for reading! I hope you enjoyed of Darkness and Light!