Blood Moon

I stood among an assembly of Light. Rather, celestial beings made of light. Their forms ranged from humanoid silhouettes to monstrous shapes barely comprehendible by human minds, and they were all focused on me.

They were furious at me.

They shouldn't be. I helped those people! I saved their lives! They wanna cast me out just because I betrayed them? I scream and defend my case, but they don't listen to me. They could've ended it but I destroyed their chance by going behind their backs. An enormous winged figure shrouded in armored light touched his sword to my back. I screamed when the flames engulfed my back.

I jolted from the bed screaming, heart hammering against my and gasping in cold sweat. It took me a moment to realize where I was. Alucard came rushing in, slamming the door wide open.

"Are you okay!?" He eyes alight like melted gold and he clutched the hilt of his sword. His gaze darted around the room before his hackles lowered.

"I am. I'm sorry." I sighed. "I had a nightmare, I didn't mean to scare you."

"It's all right." He sat on the bed hugging me when I wrapped my arms tightly around him. The nightmare scared me more than others because it felt like a living memory. "I'm here. You're safe." I wasn't embarrassed crying into his shoulder, feeling him stroke the back of my head.

I could always count on him to be there.

"Alucard why are you armored up like a knight going into battle?" I noticed after I recollected myself. Alucard responded with a concerned look on his face. "Follow me." He led me onto the balcony. "Tell me. What do you see?" The answer was easy to spot.

"I see a bad moon rising." I watched as the moon turned dusky red, like the color of dried blood. "Trouble's on the way." I scratched my head. "It's a lunar eclipse, but I don't get why I have this ominous feeling tingling through my veins."

"You are correct." Alucard nodded. "It's a total lunar eclipse, a blood moon. Night creatures draw their strength from the blood moon and are at their most powerful when it's at its fullest."

 I gulped. "Well that's not good."

"No, it isn't." Alucard mused. "And the fact you can sense the malice in the air further supports my theory of your celestial past." I shivered from the memory of the nightmare. "Come." Alucard turned with a swish of his cape. "I need your help fortifying the castle. Remember that ward you showed me from the Speaker's scrolls? I want you to cast it, I have faith you can do it."

I blushed. "Thanks! I'll give it my best shot Alucard! I've been practicing casting spells in the arena hold." I blinked turning around and gazing southward. "What about Danesti?"

"Come again?" Alucard turned his head.

"There's a village down south called Danesti." I explained, watching the distant horizon. "They'll be an open target for the night creatures and easy pickings. We're the closest place to it, we could help them."

Alucard narrowed his brows. "We can't."

"Why not?"

"Danesti is twenty miles away, by the time we reach them it will be sunrise and the night creatures would have had their fill. Not to mention we'd be an open target as well." Alucard explained.