The Angel's Kiss

I remained with Alucard while he recovered, not leaving the infirmary except to eat and drink. I couldn't leave him, even if he was healing from his near-death poisoning and sleeping the majority of it . Nobody's ever survived a Plaguemaster, there's no telling what side effects could occur or if he'd suffer long term complications.

"You don't need to keep watch all the time." Sypha advised worried. "Trevor and I can take turns while you rest."

"Let the guardian angel do her job, Sypha." Trevor smirked, rubbing her shoulder affectionately.

"She may be an angel but she still has a human body." Sypha responded curtly. "And a human body needs rest. You've been watching over him ever since we returned three days ago and you've barely slept since. If you're not at his bedside, you're reading that medicine book."

"That book was Lisa's medical journal." I said, turning the pages of the huge hefty tome. "It's a goldmine of knowledge, everything's in here! Including remedies that help the body recover from poisons."

"The only thing he needs now is rest." Sypha gave me a firm motherly look. "And so do you. You'll do no good protecting Alucard tired and worn."                                                                                  "You're just like Vivian." I smiled and relented. "Fine. I'll rest up. I'm gonna take a bath, get into comfy clothes first. I'll be back soon, but if anything happens come and get me!"

"As you wish, angelface." Trevor remarked. Getting a sharp glare from Sypha. "What!? We both know what she is."

I first stepped outside on the grand stairs. The Unicorn stood majestically, watching the forests with his skin shimmering like white quartz. His beauty unmarred by the scars across his body. "You don't have to stay here, you're free now. You can go anywhere you want."

The unicorn flicked his ears. I stood in front of him, gently touching his muzzle. "Thank you for saving him and protecting us. I'll never forget this for the rest of my life." The unicorn nuzzled my cheek before bolting into the woods like a wild stallion, vanishing through the trees.

After bidding my angelic equine farewell, I went into the bathroom and ran the tub, adding the alpine wildflower scent to the water as it steamed. I made an audible gasp when I removed my clothes, sweat beaded between my brows. The glyphs extended to the rest of my body; tracing up my  shoulders before weaving down both sides of my torso and wrapping around my legs and feet. I traced them feeling the glyphs prickle at my touch. "You always knew you weren't normal." I muttered examining myself in the mirror. "This is just extra proof."

I turned my back to the mirror, seeing how the glyphs curled around the scars between my shoulders. "You felt them burn when you went seraphim-mode on those Whisperers. They were always there, they didn't surface until you summoned that power."

I tried not to think too much of it when I soaked in the tub, letting the water cleanse away the dirt and troubling thoughts. I focused on scrubbing the grime, sweat, and blood off my skin, giving my hair a good wash with the hair products Alucard showed me. I must've been in there a long time when someone knocked on the door.

"Are you all right?"

"I'm all right Sypha, thanks for checking on me! I'll be out in a minuet!" It took me a few minuets to drain the tub, dry myself off , and put on casual garments. I opened the door  while drying my hair with a towel. "Sorry if I worried you. It feels fantastic rejuvenating in a good bath."

"I can imagine." Sypha responded cheerfully. " I wonder how you are able to draw up warm water to this castle."

"Indoor plumbing." I winked. "It's gonna be big. Though I don't know where the water's  source is. Another mystery I guess." I sighed, scratching my shoulder. "How is he?"