Prologue

ATTENTION!! MY WORKS ARE ONLY POSTED ON WATTPAD AND POPINK; SO IF YOU ARE READING THIS STORY FROM OTHER DEVICES OR SITES OTHER THAN THE ABOVE; THEN MY WORKS HAVE BEEN PIRATED AND COPIED.

Hey, thanks for giving my book a read,
I do hope you enjoy it! Please like and leave your comments, it helps me alot when I get to hear your feedback.

Anyways,....

Happy Reading ;)

§§Donna.

"How many times do I have to spell it out to you? I am not fucking interested!"

I almost screamed my lungs out and yet, yet he could not get the damned information in his head. He was the biggest billionaire figure, but a simple sentence the words, 'I will not' could not register in his head.

I stormed out of his office slamming the door pretty hard. Everyone in the lobby looked at me. I heard his steps quicken after me. If only I could reach the elevator.

His hands held my wrist and I turned with enough force. A splitting sound could be heard in the vast room and all was still, even time stopped.

He looked down at me. I was breathing so hard that I felt it hard trying to calm down. His hand itched closer to his stinging cheek, the smooth of his skin turning red. I looked at his eyes and I could see it, the unshed tears that turned his eyes red and watery. He opened his mouth to speak but I cut him short.

"This," I pointed at my ring finger, the one that still wore his engagement ring. "will never work. I will never fall for you and neither will I ever, mark my words ever marry you. I love Jake and I love him with all my heart!"

I poked his hard chest and he staggered a few paces back. His palm still on his red cheek.

"Leave me alone. Jake is still in the picture and neither you, nor your massive fortune would ever make me fall for you. My preposition, friends?"

I held out my hand for him and yet he looked me in the eyes. I sighed as I was getting tired of standing on my heels. I looked down at my out stretched hand and then back at him. He still had his eyes glued on me.

"Like I said earlier, this does not affect my position or working relationship in the office or company as a whole. Our relationship would just be those of friends." He still did not say anything and I could see the rest of the employees watch him with belated breaths. He looked down at my hand and then back at me.

He opened his mouth to argue but I raised my free hand up to shut him. He closed his eyes as he bit hard on his lip. Once he realised it, it had blood and had gotten more pink. He set his mouth in a hard line and shook my outstretched hand with his free hand.

He did not look like the rich and powerful man with a menacing look, as a matter of fact he looked like someone that had just been through defeat, with the weight of the world resting on his shoulder. He turned his back on me and walked towards his office.

A part of me felt guilt for letting him down like that, but again I had been saying the same thing for the past six months now and him, well with his coconut for a head refused to acknowledge that fact.

I turned on my heel and headed for the elevator then stopped before getting in. I looked back at the workers that stood shell shocked with gapping mouths. Then the guilt hit hard, I had just embarrassed the CEO right in front of his workers and I had thoroughly thrashed his office. Well it could have been avoided had he not insisted. Then another wave of guilt crashed through me as I pitted the person that was to clean his office.

Maybe I could, maybe I should go back and help out. After all I was not his fiancée anymore. No I shook my head, it was for the better I left him to his thoughts.