Chapter Thirty-nine

***

He watched Kyle lead Pamela onto a restaurant. The dimly lit lights highlighting the buzzy environment that came from the inside. He heard the sound of laughter, a female's. It was Pamela's. A pretty little chit. He thought to himself. Kyle did find him a good girl.

He looked down at the screen and with a disgusted sigh tossed his phone to the seat. It was all crumbling. Matt had been caught, brutally tortured- although from the looks of things, his moves had already been anticipated.

Of course, they had! That chit had placed some tiny invisible recorder on his jacket as she had touched him. Then those files, they were damned fake. He had been fooled into a trap.

Again, he thought to himself. Just one bullet, and it would break them both. But he couldn't kill Pamela, neither could he kill Kyle. He needed them both alive.

Kyle still held the power and damned control over the Walters companies. Getting such control of his assets and liabilities would be his altitude breakthrough and that couldn't be done when he was six feet under.

He contemplated another option. Rose. But he had never liked the woman and neither had she ever returned the affections. He could force her hand to sign over the half she had, yes he could. But that was a dangerous game he didn't want to play. The woman was as dangerous as he was with his guns.

Pamela. The name brought hatred to his lips. He should have known she was as devious as a demon. Though, she was quite beautiful, probably he wouldn't put a bullet through her, but simply have her as his whore.

He held his phone and in quick wipes of his forefinger unlocked the password. His fingertips hovered above the play button of the video. Heavens knew he was drawn to her soft folds. It began to play and he felt his hardness rise. He wasn't wrong when he told Kyle he wanted a test. And he would have one. But he would have to wait a bit.

Another message popped up on his phone. And his mood darkened, even the porn video and Pamela's nude body couldn't console him. He watched the restaurant and caught her smiling, she was laughing hard. No doubt they would both go back home to each other's arms.

"Fucking stop calling me." There was a long silence in the background.

"Have you gotten it?" He asked.

He could feel the irritation working in his voice. "If I had I would have told you."

"What the hell are you waiting for Ian? Time is running out, the clients they are-"

"I don't give two shits about your porn. And if you push hard I will have you arrested." Ian got out of the car and pulled a cigarette, the warm smoke making him relax, but not completely. His men stood guard so there was no need for panic.

"Matt failed he had been caught." He didn't want to admit it, but he felt his hope drift from his hands. It crushed his soul just like how he crushed the butt of the cigarette.

"Donna's dead. Died a few hours back." Ian said with calm. Not that he cared about the tramp. She was useful in many ways uncanny in others but stupid to. How she had gotten Kyle to fund her so much money was a puzzlement to him. A whore gone but would be missed, not for her personality. He sighed inwardly she was crazy. But for her money-making ways.

Jake.

The bloody punk had put him in this position, but he chose not to think, he had a plan. It was slow but formulating.

"We don't have much time, Ian."

"Then you can labour with your hands and make the money you want father." He hit the end button and cut off all his father wanted to say.