Epilogue

§§Third Person's Point Of View.

Pamela stood by the mirror, at three months her stomach was still flat, though a small pump could be seen but it wasn't big enough to push through the wedding dress. She took a small sip of her champagne, it was just a taste, she had sworn off all alcoholic drinks after she had confirmed she was pregnant.

Skylark sat stuffing her face with food. "I need to date the chef, this is so good." She was saying, though most of the words came out incoherently. She took another spoon but then stopped and looked down at her round belly. A huge grin fitting her lips.

"I felt the first moment." She placed her plate down and put a hand on her stomach. Pamela gave her an encouraging grin.

Noreen stood by the dressing mirror applying another layer of lip stick. "Sometimes I wonder what is inside. Food or the baby?"

Skylark picked up her plate. "I can tell you both but there is more of the latter than the former."

Noreen rolled her eyes and mouthed 'more of food than baby.' Pamela grinned back at her. It was her wedding say after all. And the butterflies in her stomach were not form the champagne in her hand but from the anticipation of what was to come.

There was a soft tap on the door. "I will get it. Skylark was on her feet and opened the door a small inch."

"Password?"

"She is my wife. I have a right."

Skylark closed the door on his face. "I have told you many times Kyle, it is bad luck to see the bride before the wedding. She might decide to dump you for the post boy."

The man insisted. "You will soon see her and have her for the whole night. The bed might complain to, so have mercy on it, will you?"

There were voices and a soft tap bounced back on the wooden door. Skylark gave a frustrated sigh. She opened the door.

"I told you Kyle oh, Mrs Diaz what are you doing here?"

"I wanted to see my daughter dear, I hope I am allowed?" Skylark stepped back.

"Yes, yes please come in, Kyle isn't allowed."

Mrs Diaz walked into the room and her eyes glistered with tears as she looked at her daughter. "My baby."

She opened her arms for Pamela. "I promised you I will not cry but I can't help it." She let go and pulled out a tissue paper.

"She does look so beautiful." Mr Diaz hugged his daughter. Fatherly love radiating from his body. He was a proud man. His only daughter was getting married.

"A fine lady." Mrs Diaz said.

There came another knock and two gentlemen walked in. Richard cleared his throat. "Mr and Mrs Diaz, Pamela, Noreen, I am here to take the braid's maid, we are about to start."

Skylark was out in a second but not without giving Pamela a huge and a kiss.

"Fine wine aren't you? Kyle is so lucky, but I am the luckiest. Noreen?" Nile let out his hand. Noreen rolled her eyes.

"The only reason I said yes to walking the aisle with you was only because I couldn't another suitable partner."

He waved his hand. "Yes, yes, so we have heard. I would like us to go now. Kyle is getting impatient."

They walked out the door laughter filling the busy hall.

"I will go find my seat darling." Mrs Diaz placed a kiss on Pamela's cheek, and then kissed her husband.